I'm in Miami Bitch
|"I'm in Miami Bitch"|
|Single by LMFAO|
|from the album Party Rock|
|Length||3:52 (Album version)
4:37 (Video version)
|Label||Interscope, will.i.am Music Group, Cherrytree|
|Writer(s)||Stefan Gordy, Skyler Gordy|
|LMFAO singles chronology|
"I'm in Miami Bitch" (clean version "I'm in Miami Trick") is the debut single of American hip hop/electronica band LMFAO. It was officially released to radio in 2008. It peaked at No. 51 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in July 2009. The song has also charted on the Canadian Hot 100, peaking at No. 37.
This song is the theme song for the 2009 reality television program Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami. The "New York" version was used for the 2011 reality television program Kourtney and Kim Take New York. The song was also featured in a 2009 commercial on A&E Network advertising the show CSI: Miami. The song title also varies by location (see Alternate versions). Because of this the song is often referred to as "I'm in (Your City) Trick/Bitch". The critical reception for the song is negative.
In addition to the many alternate versions of the song, there is a remix of the original version which features Pitbull. Internationally, the mashup with "Let the Bass Kick" by Chuckie is more popular (named "Let the Bass Kick in Miami Bitch/Girl"). This version was released as a single, and became a top ten hit in the United Kingdom, where it peaked at number 9 on the UK Singles Chart and topped the UK Dance Chart in December 2009.
The song is originally titled "I'm in Miami Bitch", but it was edited for the radio release as "I'm in Miami Trick". In the rap community, "trick" often replaces "bitch" on the clean versions. Internationally, sometimes "girl" or "chick" replaces "bitch". There are many alternate versions of the song, usually customized and meant for playing on dance/pop radio stations in each city. Many of the versions listed below have been released through the iTunes Store and Zune Marketplace as a remix album titled I'm In Your City Beach, with each version available physically only in its respective city (with the exception of "I'm in Miami Bitch".) Also many are available on Spotify, such as "I'm in Palm Beach Trick".
Also, for some international releases outside North America, the name of the country was used instead. For example, in Croatia it says "I'm in Croatia Bitch", in the Philippines it says "I'm in the Philippines Bitch", or in the United Arab Emirates it says "I'm in the UAE Bitch".
"I'm in Miami Trick" has been used in the television advertising of the video game Saints Row: The Third, where it says "I'm in Saints Row Trick".
The music video for "I'm in Miami Trick" was uploaded to YouTube by LMFAO on October 5, 2009. The music video exists in an explicit and a clean version where both features several girls in polka-dot bikinis and amongst those the porn star Jenny Hendrix.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||37|
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||7|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||86[A]|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||24[A]|
|US Billboard Hot 100||51|
|US Billboard Pop Songs||27|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||17|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)||38|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||17|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||9|
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||1|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||65|
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||15|
- ^ Original version was not released as a single in the UK, the song charted because of strong downloads from the Party Rock album.
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||80,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- "Party Rock : LMFAO : Review : Rolling Stone". RollingStone. 2009-08-21. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
This pair of freaky Hollywood dudes are enjoying a doofy summer micro-hit with "I'm in Miami Bitch," an electro-crunk spoof of South Beach party life.
- "Radio 1 - Chart - The Official UK Top 40 Singles Chart". BBC. 2012-02-19. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "I'm in Miami Trick by LMFAO". songfacts.com. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- on YouTube.
- "Jenny Hendrix Dances in 'I'm in Miami Trick' Music Video". avn.com. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- Top 50 Singles Chart – Australian Recording Industry Association
- "LMFAO – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for LMFAO.
- Chart peak positions Billboard.com. Retrieved 8 August 2009.
- "Ultratop.be – Chuckie & LMFAO – Let The Bass Kick In Miami Bitch" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Chuckie & LMFAO – Let The Bass Kick In Miami Bitch" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Chuckie & LMFAO search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Chuckie & Lmfao - Let The Bass Kick In Miami Girl". Chart Stats. 2009-12-19. Archived from the original on 2012-05-30. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2014 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Canadian single certifications – LMFAO – I'm in Miami Bitch". Music Canada.