I've Got No Strings
|"I've Got No Strings"|
|Song by Dickie Jones|
|Songwriter(s)||Leigh Harline (music)|
Ned Washington (lyrics)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"I've Got No Strings" also known as "I Got No Strings" is a song from Walt Disney's animated film Pinocchio sung by Dickie Jones as Pinocchio. He dances with several types of puppets including a Dutch puppet (and several Dutch girl puppets), a French puppet (and a few grinning cancan dancing girl puppets), a Russian puppet, and Cossacks (all voiced by Patricia Page, Mae Questel and Mel Blanc). The music was written by Leigh Harline, the lyrics were written by Ned Washington. The song was published in 1940.
- The Andrews Sisters and The Glenn Miller Orchestra performed a live recording of "I've Got No Strings" which was broadcast on The Chesterfield Broadcasts in 1941.
- Barbra Streisand recorded "I've Got No Strings" for her 1965 album My Name Is Barbra with a 1960s arrangement by Peter Matz.
- In 1995, Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Chipettes covered the song in their album, When You Wish Upon a Chipmunk. However, The Walt Disney Company neither sponsored nor endorsed the album.
- Gipsy Kings covered "I've Got No Strings" (in flamenco style with lyrics mostly in Spanish) for the 1991 Disney video and compilation album Simply Mad About the Mouse. This cover is included on their 1999 compilation album ¡Volaré! The Very Best of the Gipsy Kings.
- The song was used to open NSYNC's No Strings Attached concert tour as the boy band descended from the rafters onto the stage.
- Rapper Immortal Technique sampled the song on his 2003 single "Freedom of Speech" from the Revolutionary Vol. 2 album.
- The song is covered in a commercial for Beats By Dre featuring cameos by many actors and artists such as Pharrell Williams, Amber Rose, Rebel Wilson, Nicki Minaj, and Steve Buscemi."
- Diana Ross and The Supremes recorded "I've Got No Strings" for a planned Disney album in 1967. The track remained unreleased until 1987 when it was released on the album "The Never-Before-Released Masters".
- In the 24th season of Dancing with the Stars, Nick Viall and his partner Peta Murgatroyd danced to this song on Disney night.
A slower, darker, more ominous version of the song was played in the Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser footage shown at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International, and the official teaser trailer which was released in October 2014 due of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. In a dark parallel of Pinocchio, the character Ultron (voiced by James Spader) compares himself to a puppet who has broken free of his controllers and quotes the entire first verse throughout the movie.
In Legends of Tomorrow, when the protagonists learn that their actions have been manipulated by the Time Masters, Captain Cold sacrifices himself to destroy the source of the Time Masters' power. As he rejects the idea that he is anyone's puppet, his last words are to proclaim "There are no strings on me". Earlier in his timeline, in The Flash episode "Infantino Street", Snart says "No strings on me" to Barry Allen as they part company, then repeats it softly to himself when he is alone, as though he were having a premonition.
- Pinocchio on IMDb
- Glenn Miller Archive. The University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Barbra Streisand Archives: Records| My Name is Barbra album.
- NSYNC - No Strings Attached on HBO
- Beats By Dre Presents : "Got No Strings"
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned
|This 1940s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|