Iñigo Díaz de Cerio
|Full name||Iñigo Díaz de Cerio Conejero|
|Date of birth||15 May 1984|
|Place of birth||San Sebastián, Spain|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2003–2006||Real Sociedad B||86||(39)|
|2010–2011||→ Córdoba (loan)||8||(1)|
|2011–2012||→ Numancia (loan)||24||(8)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Having finished his football grooming with Real Sociedad, Díaz de Cerio was the top scorer in the third division with the B-team in the 2005–06 season (all four groups), and also made his La Liga debut on 12 February 2006 in a 0–1 away loss against Atlético Madrid. In the 2007–08 campaign he scored 16 second level goals as Real Sociedad finished fourth, falling short of a return to the top flight.
On 8 November 2008 Díaz de Cerio suffered a serious injury after a collision with SD Eibar player Zigor, fracturing the tibia and the fibula of his right leg. After a successful surgery, the club medical's staff nonetheless stated that the recovery would be "...very slow...", and the player was expected to miss the vast majority of the season.
In late June 2009, Díaz de Cerio switched to Basque neighbours Athletic Bilbao on a four-year deal, after his Real link had just expired. He returned to action almost one year after his injury (5 November 2009), playing 30 minutes in a 1–1 draw at C.D. Nacional for the campaign's UEFA Europa League.
- Díaz de Cerio se fractura tibia y peroné (Díaz de Cerio fractures tibia and fibula); Marca, 8 November 2008 (Spanish)
- Díaz de Cerio, operado con éxito de su fractura de tibia y peroné (Díaz de Cerio, successfully operated of tibia and fibula fracture); Marca, 9 November 2008 (Spanish)
- Iñigo Díaz de Cerio’s presentation; Athletic's official website, 1 July 2009
- El Athletic confirma el fichaje de Íñigo Díaz de Cerio (Athletic confirms Ínigo Díaz de Cerio's signing); Marca, 30 June 2009 (Spanish)
- Iñigo Díaz de Cerio anuncia su retirada (Iñigo Díaz de Cerio announces retirement); Diario Vasco, 16 June 2014 (Spanish)