Martínez in 2015
|Full name||Iñigo Martínez Berridi|
|Date of birth||17 May 1991|
|Place of birth||Ondarroa, Spain|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2009–2011||Real Sociedad B||54||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 January 2016.
Born in Ondarroa, Biscay, Martínez joined Real Sociedad's youth ranks from local CD Aurrerá Ondarroa. He made his senior debuts in the 2009–10 season, helping the B-team promote from the fourth division after one year out by contributing with 23 games and one goal.
On 27 August 2011 Martínez made his first-team – and La Liga – debut with the Basque, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–1 away win against Sporting de Gijón. On 2 October he scored his first league goal, netting from inside his own half in an eventual 1–2 home loss against Athletic Bilbao, in a derby.
Martínez made his debuts for the Spanish under-21 team in 2011. In the following year, he was picked by manager Luis Milla for his squad that appeared in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London: in the first game against Japan, he was sent off late into the first half for bringing down Kensuke Nagai thus denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, in an eventual 0–1 loss.
- Spain U21
- Agirretxe at the double for Sociedad; ESPN Soccernet, 27 August 2011
- Llorente at the double for Bilbao; ESPN Soccernet, 2 October 2011
- Martinez lifts Sociedad; ESPN Soccernet, 27 November 2011
- London 2012 Olympics: men's football, Spain 0–1 Japan – as it happened; The Guardian, 26 July 2012
- Taconeo ante Ecuador (Taconeo against Ecuador); Marca, 15 August 2013 (Spanish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iñigo Martínez.|
- Real Sociedad official profile (Spanish)
- Iñigo Martínez profile at BDFutbol
- Iñigo Martínez at National-Football-Teams.com
- Iñigo Martínez – FIFA competition record
- Iñigo Martínez profile at Soccerway