|Full name||Iñigo Pérez Soto|
|Date of birth||18 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Pamplona, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2011||→ Huesca (loan)||13||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Mallorca (loan)||13||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 December 2016.
A product of Athletic Bilbao's youth ranks at Lezama, Pérez was born in Pamplona, Navarre, and moved to the reserves in early 2007 although he still appeared for some more time with CD Basconia the farm team. On 28 October 2009, he made his debut for the main squad, starting in a 0–2 Copa del Rey defeat at Rayo Vallecano (2–4 aggregate loss); two days later he first appeared in La Liga, replacing veteran Pablo Orbaiz in a 1–0 home win against Atlético Madrid.
Definitely promoted to Athletic's first team for the 2010–11 season, Pérez scored in his first official appearance, a 3–0 home win over RCD Mallorca, playing the last ten minutes in the place of Iker Muniain. On 8 March 2011 he was loaned to SD Huesca in Segunda División – the winter transfer window had long since closed, but the Royal Spanish Football Federation allowed the move as the Aragonese had just lost David Bauzá to an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Pérez appeared much more regularly for the Basques in the 2011–12 campaign, under new manager Marcelo Bielsa, featuring in 40 games all competitions comprised mainly due to the departure of Orbaiz (loaned to Olympiacos FC) and the serious knee injury of Carlos Gurpegui. He spent the first half of 2013–14 on loan at Mallorca, returning on 31 January 2014 due to stress problems.
- El Rayo deja contra las cuerdas al subcampeón (Rayo leaves vice-champion against the ropes); Marca, 28 October 2009 (Spanish)
- 1–0. Javi Martínez decide el duelo de deprimidos entre Athletic y Atlético (1–0. Javi Martínez decides duel of the doldrums); Público, 31 October 2009 (Spanish)
- Lopez luck aids Bilbao; ESPN Soccernet, 21 September 2010
- Íñigo Pérez llega al Huesca cedido por el Athletic (Íñigo Pérez arrives at Huesca on loan from Athletic); Marca, 8 March 2011 (Spanish)
- Iñigo Pérez regresa al Athletic por un "cuadro de estrés" (Iñigo Pérez returns to Athletic for "stress condition"); Diario AS, 31 January 2014 (Spanish)