I&M Bank Limited
|Headquarters||I&M Bank Tower
|S.B.R. Shah (Chairman), Sarit Raja- Shah (Executive Director), Kihara Maina (CEO)|
|Products||Loans, transaction accounts, credit cards, debit cards, savings, prepaid cards, trade finance, mortgages|
|Revenue||Aftertax: US$59+ million (KES:6.03+ billion) (Financial Year 2015)|
|Total assets||US$US$1.57 billion (KES:160 billion)(September 2016)|
|Parent||I&M Holdings Limited|
As of September 2016[update], the bank's total assets were valued in excess of US$1.57 billion (KES:160 billion), with shareholders' equity of approximately US$294 million (KES:30+ billion). As of 2016, the bank was ranked 10th, by assets, out of the 41 licensed banks in the country. I&M Bank serves the banking needs of large and small business customers as well as individuals, with emphasis on large and medium-sized corporations.
The bank traces its history to 1974 when Investments & Mortgages Limited was formed as a private company providing personalised financial services to business people in the Nairobi area. In 1980, I&M, as the company was known at that time, was registered as a Financial Institution under the Banking Act. Following changes in the regulations of the Central Bank of Kenya, the banking regulator in the country, I&M became a commercial bank in 1996.
In 2002, the present headquarters building, a 16-storey glass and steel skyscraper known as the I&M Bank Tower, was opened on Kenyatta Avenue, in Nairobi's central business district. The following year, I&M Bank acquired Biashara Bank of Kenya Limited, expanding I&M's branch network, client base and assets under management.
In 2007 DEG and PROPARCO, two International development financial institutions, invested approximately US$4.5 million to acquire 11.96 percent shareholding in I&M Bank. That shareholding was later increased to 19.7 percent.
In 2008, I&M Bank acquired a 50 percent ownership in First City Bank Limited (FCB) of Mauritius. FCB has since rebranded itself as Bank One Mauritius. In 2010, I&M Bank acquired a controlling shareholding in CF Union Bank of Tanzania. CF Union Bank has since rebranded into I&M Bank (Tanzania).
In 2013, I&M Bank created I&M Holdings Ltd, which was subsequently listed and publicly traded on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- Kenyatta Avenue Branch - I&M Bank Tower, Kenyatta Avenue, Nairobi
- Karen Branch - Karen Office Park, Langata Road, Nairobi
- 2nd Ngong Branch - I&M Bank House, 2nd Ngong Avenue, Nairobi
- Sarit Centre Branch - First Floor, Sarit Centre, Westlands, Nairobi
- Biashara Street Branch - Ansh Plaza, Biashara Street, Nairobi
- Industrial Area Branch - KCC Building, Changamwe Road, Nairobi
- Langata Link Branch - Langata Link Complex, Langata South Road, Nairobi
- Valley Arcade Branch - Kenol Kobil Station, Gitanga Road, Lavington, Nairobi
- Panari Sky Centre Branch - Panari Sky Centre, Mombasa Road, Nairobi
- Parklands Branch - Centre Point, Parklands Road, Parklands, Nairobi
- Wilson Airport Branch - Pewin House, Wilson Airport, Nairobi
- Ongata Rongai Branch - First Floor, Maasai Mall, Ongata Rongai
- South C Branch - South C Shopping Centre, South C, Nairobi
- Riverside Drive Branch - 14 Riverside Drive, Nairobi
- Nyali Branch - Nyali Cinemax, Main Nyali Road, Nyali, Mombasa
- Mombasa Branch - Biashara Building, Nyerere Road, Mombasa
- Kisumu Branch - Bon Accord House, Oginga Odinga Street, Kisumu
- Nakuru Branch - Polo Centre, Kenyatta Avenue, Nakuru
- Eldoret Branch - Ground Floor, Zion Mall, Uganda Road, Eldoret
- Changamwe Branch - First Floor, Refinery Building, Refinery Road, Changamwe, Mombasa
- Kisii Branch - Royal Tower, Hospital Road, Kisii
- Malindi Branch - First Floor, Pine Court Building, Lamu Road, Malindi
- Nyeri Branch - Ground Floor, Hopewell Place, Gakere Road, Nyeri
- Thika Branch - Ground Floor, 80 West Place, Thika
- Gigiri Branch - Ground Floor, Gigiri Square, United Nations Avenue, Nairobi
- Mtwapa Branch - Ground Floor, Mtwapa Mall, Mombasa Malindi Road, Mtwapa.
- Lavington Mall Branch - Lavington Mall, 1st Floor, off James Gichuru road, Nairobi
- Kitale Branch - Mega Centre Mall, Ground Floor, Kitale
- Lunga Lunga Branch - First Floor, Lunga Lunga Mall, Lunga Lunga Road, Industrial Area, Nairobi
- Yaya Centre Branch - Fourth Floor, Yaya Centre, Argwings Kodhek Road Nairobi
- GatewayMall Branch - Mombasa road (opposite to Kappa Oil Co Ltd and Syokimao railway station), Nairobi
- Garden City Mall Branch - Garden City Mall, Thika Road, Nairobi
- Milele Mall Branch - Milele Mall, Ngong Town Nairobi
- Nanyuki Branch - Hussein Building, Ground Floor Nanyuki
- Cross Road Branch - Off River Road Nairobi
- I&MBL, . "I&M Bank Limited: The Board of Directors". I&M Bank Limited (I&MBL). Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- CBK, . "Directory of Commercial Banks And Mortgage Finance Companies" (PDF). Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- I&MBG, . (21 March 2014). "Audited 31 December 2013 Annual Report And Financial Statement" (PDF). I&M Bank Group (I&MBG). Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Bakelele, . (28 April 2014). "Kenya Bank Rankings By Assets In 2013". Bankelele.Co.Ke. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- I&MB, . "The History of I&M Bank". I&M Bank (I&MB). Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- New Times Staff, . (18 July 2012). "Kenyan Bank Takes Over BCR". The New Times (Kigali). Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Gasore, Ben (12 August 2013). "BCR Rebrands To I&M Bank Rwanda". The New Times (Kigali). Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- I&MBK, . "The Branch Network of I&M Bank Kenya Limited". I&M Bank Kenya (I&MBK). Retrieved 7 August 2014.