I'd Rather Believe in You
|I'd Rather Believe in You|
|Studio album by Cher|
|Recorded||1976–July 9, 1976|
|Singles from I'd Rather Believe in You|
I'd Rather Believe in You is the 13th studio album by American singer-actress Cher, released on October 1976 by Warner Bros. Records. This album, like other several predecessors, was a commercial failure and failed to chart.
Because Stars was such an abysmal financial failure, Cher was put back with narrative pop songs on her next album. The album did not chart, and the public did not pay attention to it. The album's producer Michael Omartian said it was "a lack of promotion".
Cher recorded this album while she was pregnant with Elijah Blue Allman, her second child. She wrote a dedication to him on the back-sleeve of the album: And a special thanks to Elijah for waiting until the day after I finished my album. Cher.
Only one single from the album was released – it's the song "Long Distance Love Affair" (with the song Borrowed Time na the b side). It was two times performed on her TV show, but it failed to chart everywhere. "I'd Rather Believe In You" was planned as the second single from the album, but it was cancelled due to failure of the first single and the album.
In 1976, Cher recorded two other songs: the first is the duet with Harry Nilsson "A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knockin' Everyday)," while the second is the song "Pirate" (from her album Cherished which was released a year later) was released as a bonus track on some edition of the "I'd Rather Believe In You" album, being track number one.
|1.||"Long Distance Love Affair"||Michael Price, Dan Walsh||2:45|
|2.||"I'd Rather Believe in You"||Michael Omartian, Stormie Omartian||3:45|
|3.||"I Know (You Don't Love Me)"||Barbara George||2:54|
|4.||"Silver Wings & Golden Rings"||Gloria Sklerov, Molly Ann Leikin||3:20|
|5.||"Flashback"||Artie Wayne, Alan O'Day||3:53|
|1.||"It's a Cryin' Shame"||Dennis Lambert, Brian Potter||2:49|
|2.||"Early Morning Strangers"||Barry Manilow, Hal David||3:43|
|3.||"Knock on Wood"||Eddie Floyd, Steve Cropper||3:30|
|5.||"Borrowed Time"||John M. Hill, William Soden, Joe Weber, Spencer Michlin||2:57|
- Cher - lead vocals
- Dean Parks, Lee Ritenour - guitar
- Jay Graydon - guitar, mandolin
- Ben Benay - guitar, harmonica
- David Hungate, Lee Sklar, Scott Edwards - bass
- Michael Omartian - keyboards, backing vocals
- Jeff Porcaro - drums
- Steve Barri, Victor Feldman - percussion
- Chuck Findley, Lew McCreary, Nino Tempo, Steve Douglas, Steve Madaio - horns
- Dan Walsh, Gene Nelson, Ginger Blake, Jim Haas, Julia Tillman Waters, Kerry Chater, Maxine Tillman Waters, Michael Price, Stephanie Spring - backing vocals
- Steve Barri - record producer
- Michael Omartian - record producer
- Phil Kaye - sound engineer
- Ed Thrasher - art direction
- Norman Seeff - photography