I'll Go On Loving You
|"I'll Go On Loving You"|
|Single by Alan Jackson|
|from the album High Mileage|
|Released||July 27, 1998|
7" 45 RPM
|Label||Arista Nashville 13135|
|Alan Jackson singles chronology|
"I'll Go On Loving You" is a song written by Kieran Kane, and recorded by American country music artist Alan Jackson. It was released in July 1998 as the lead-off single his album High Mileage. It peaked at number 3 in the United States, and number 2 in Canada. Alan Jackson would sing this song also titled "Vou Seguir Te Amando", as a duet with a Brazilian solo artist singer Leonardo.
Written by Kieran Kane (formerly of The O'Kanes), "I'll Go On Loving You" is a mid-tempo ballad in the key of C minor with alternating chord patterns of Cm-A♭ and Cm-B♭. Through the spoken-word verses, Jackson promises that he will be faithful to his lover, "long after the pleasures of the flesh". The song is accompanied mainly by steel-string acoustic guitar and a string section.
The music video was directed by Steven Goldmann.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||52|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||38|
- "'I'll Go On Loving You' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Nash, Alanna (September 4, 1998). "High Mileage review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2009-05-25.
- Pond, Neil (November 1998). "That Healing Feeling: Country America goes to the heart of the matter with a reserved but rejuvenated Alan Jackson". Country America. 10 (1): 52–57.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7058." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 12, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Alan Jackson – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alan Jackson.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.