I'm Your Boogie Man
|"I'm Your Boogie Man"|
|Single by KC and the Sunshine Band|
|from the album Part 3|
|B-side||Wrap Your Arms Around Me|
|Released||January 24, 1977|
|Writer(s)||Harry Wayne Casey / Richard Finch|
|Producer(s)||Harry Wayne Casey / Richard Finch|
|KC and the Sunshine Band singles chronology|
KC and the Sunshine Band version
Richard Finch said that the song was written about a DJ at a Miami, Florida radio station called Robert W. Walker, who was the first to give their hit single "Get Down Tonight" airplay. In 1977 the song reached the #1 position on the Billboard Hot 100 and #3 R&B Singles chart. Billboard ranked it as the No. 11 song of 1977. The song was also an international chart hit, reaching #1 in Canada and charting in Australia (#38), Belgium (#11), the Netherlands (#6), New Zealand (#12), and the UK (#41).
The song was sampled in at least one preview for all five of the Scary Movie films, as well as in the 2005 film Roll Bounce, the 2007 film Superbad and comic-to-film-adaptation Watchmen. It was also the opening song for the 1995 film The Last Supper.
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||38|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||16|
|Belgium VRT Top 30||11|
|Canadian RPM Top 30 Playlist||1|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||1|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||6|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||6|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||12|
|UK (Official Charts Company)||41|
|US Billboard Hot 100||1|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||9|
|US Billboard Hot R&B Singles||3|
White Zombie cover
|"I'm Your Boogieman"|
|Single by White Zombie|
|from the album The Crow: City of Angels Soundtrack|
|Writer(s)||Harry Wayne Casey
|White Zombie singles chronology|
White Zombie originally recorded a cover of "I'm Your Boogie Man" for the The Crow: City of Angels Soundtrack. However, since the song's release date, it has also appeared on Rob Zombie's greatest hits album Past, Present & Future and as a remixed version on the EP Supersexy Swingin' Sounds. The song is another different music style for the band as they are fusing disco with heavy metal. The audio samples in the song where children are heard saying, "He's gonna get you! The Boogieman is coming!" are taken from the 1978 film Halloween which would later be remade in 2007 by Rob Zombie. The remixed version was also heard on a Halloween episode of the ABC television series 666 Park Avenue.
The music video features Rob Zombie singing along to the lyrics of the song. Rob's screen time is cut multiple times, flashing to select scenes from the film The Crow: City of Angels. The video also features Zombie's brother Spider One as a sort of mad scientist host of a television show called "The Dr. Spooky Show" playing as Dr. Spooky.
- "I'm Your Boogieman" - 4:27
- Harry Wayne Casey - Lyricist, Music
- Terry Date - Producer, Engineering
- Richard Finch - Lyricist, Music
- John Tempesta - Drums
- Ulrich Wild - Producer, Engineering
- Sean Yseult - Bass
- J. - Guitar
- Rob Zombie - Vocals, Lyricist
- Donald A. Guarisco. "I'm Your Boogie Man review on Allmusic". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 8 July 2013. "The lyrics of "I"m Your Boogie Man" are a straightforward come-on in the best disco tradition" "The end result was too good for a disco-mad country to pass up and shot to #1 on the pop charts."
- "I'm Your Boogie Man". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1977
- "Ultratop.be – KC & The Sunshine Band – I'm Your Boogie Man" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "I'm your boogie man in Canadian Top 30 Playlist". Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "I'm your boogie man in Canadian Top Singles Chart". Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "I'm your boogie man in French Chart" (in French). Dominic DURAND / InfoDisc. 8 July 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013. You have to use the index at the top of the page and search "K.C. & the Sunshine Band"
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – KC and The Sunshine Band search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – KC & The Sunshine Band – I'm Your Boogie Man" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – KC & The Sunshine Band – I'm Your Boogie Man". Top 40 Singles.
- "KC & the Sunshine Band". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "KC & the Sunshine Band awards on Allmusic". Allmusic. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
"Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder
|Billboard Hot 100 number-one single
June 11, 1977
"Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac
"When I Need You" by Leo Sayer
|Canadian RPM number-one single
June 4, 1977
"Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder