I-1K (also referred to as INSAT-1000) is a satellite bus developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and marketed by Antrix Corporation. The I-1K bus is designed to be compatible with lightweight geostationary satellites and is commonly used for meteorological satellites.
- The I-1K bus can be used for satellites in the lightweight category, with a launch mass between 1,050 and 1,100 kilograms (2,310 and 2,430 lb).
- Its dimensions are 1.505 m × 1.476 m × 1.530 m (4.94 ft × 4.84 ft × 5.02 ft).
- I-1K's dry mass is 500 kg (1,100 lb) and can support payloads of 100 kg (220 lb).
- Its power systems can supply between 500 and 1000 watts.
- The average transponder life is 7 years which can be extended up to 12 years.
List of satellites launched using I-1K platform
- "Spacecraft Systems and Subsystems". Antrix Corporation. 2010. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "INSAT 1000 spacecraft bus" (PDF). Antrix Corporation. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "ISRO: I-1K (I-1000) Bus". Skyrocket.de. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "Mars Orbiter Spacecraft". ISRO. January 2014. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
|This article about one or more spacecraft of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|