|Launched||17 July 2013|
|Owned by||Patrick Drahi|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Language||English, French, Arabic|
|Affiliates||Israel Television News Company|
|Astra 19.2°E (Europe)||11068 V / 22000 / 5/6 (French)|
|Hot Bird 13B (Americas, Europe, Maghreb, Middle East)||11471 V / 27500 / 5/6 (Arabic/English)|
(Asia, Middle East, Africa)
|3960 H / 30000 / 5/6 (Arabic/English)|
|SES-4 (Africa)||11671 V / 5/6 (French)|
|SES-5 (Africa)||11843 H / 27500 / 2/3|
|Eutelsat 70B (Asia)||11565 H / 11401 / 2/5|
|Canalsat (France)||Channel 112 (French)|
|Canalsat (Africa)||Channel 175 (French)|
|Sky Italia (Italy)||Channel 537 (English)|
|Cyfrowy Polsat (Poland)||Channel 235 (English)|
|Movistar+ (Spain)||Channel 128 (English)|
|Numericable (Luxembourg)||Channel 88 (French)|
(French West Indies)
|Channel 161 (French)|
|Altice USA (Optimum)||Channel 102|
|Free (France)||Channel 88 (French)|
|Bouygues (France)||Channel 165 (French)|
|Orange (France)||Channel 181 (French)|
|SFR (France)||Channel 271 (French)|
|i24news.tv||En, Fr, Ar|
|Dailymotion||En, Fr, Ar|
|Play TV[disambiguation needed]|||
i24NEWS is an Israeli international 24-hour news and current affairs television channel located in Jaffa Port, Tel Aviv, Israel. It broadcasts in French, English and Arabic. The channel's owner is Patrick Drahi, and the CEO is Frank Melloul.
The network began broadcasting in the US on 13 February 2017. The English channel is broadcast from New York between 6 and 10 p.m. Eastern Time and at other times broadcasts from Israel.
On 8 December 2016 all programming on the English channel officially ended in preparation for launching in America. The channel broadcast 10 minutes of news on the Hour from 8 am to 11 pm (local time) and replaced "Morning Edition", "The Daily Beat" and "The Lineup" with a 26-minute news bulletin, repeated at half past.
The launch of i24NEWS in the United States was announced on 27 January 2017. The channel is operated out of headquarters Jaffa.
Live programming in the US is broadcast from Times Square in New York with an additional bureau in Washington, DC. Approximately 50 journalists were hired to staff the two locations. The channel uses resources from its Jaffa headquarters.
Among the first journalists hired were Michelle Makori, anchor and editor-in-chief, David Shuster who is also a managing editor and Dan Raviv (a 40+ year veteran of CBS News). The channel acquired many of its debut behind-the-scenes talent from the former Al Jazeera America.
i24NEWS started broadcasting in Israel on August 29, 2018. It is offered in France (including the French West Indies), Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Poland and across the African continent. The channel is also streamed live on its website in all three languages. The channel signed an agreement enabling it to be broadcast in Germany on Kabel Deutschland. i24news was initially broadcast in the United States via the Jewish Life Television network, but following the acquisition of Cablevision by Drahl-owned Altice USA (formerly Cablevision with a public brand of Optimum), i24NEWS is now broadcast on the Optimum channel 14, and its distribution is limited to Drahl-owned Optimum and Suddenlink systems.
The English channel news team consists of diplomacy and defense correspondents, anchors, editors, producers and journalists.
English magazine anchors
- Tracey Alexander
- Emily Francis
- Tal Heinrich
English news anchors
- Michelle Makori
- Tracy Alexander
- Nurit Ben
- Calev Ben David
- Emily Francis
- Ayman Sikseck
- Sarah Coatess
- Barbara Opal-Rome
- Eylon Levy
- David Shuster
- Jeff Smith
- Nurit Zunger
English relief presenters
- Tal Heinrich
- Lauren Izso
Former presenters and correspondents
- Tal Shalev
- Danny Swibel
- Anthony Grant
- Jason Danino-Holt
- Binyamin Tjong Alvares
- David Matlin
- Merav Savir
- ClearCut Plus
- Daily Dose
- i24News Desk
- The Rundown
Defunct English programms
Former programs on i24news include:
- Culture - Weekly. The latest cultural buzz & trends. The highs and lows of the cultural world. From actors, through fine arts and even musicians.
- Defense - Weekly. Military & strategic affairs. A first-hand look at the Israel Defense Force, one of the strongest armies in the world, and conflicts around the world. Coverage of clashes, war and the most volatile stories of the week.
- Economy - Weekly. International Business & financial news.
- Faceoff - Weekly. A weekly confrontational in-depth look at the news of the hour, and the people who make it.
- Insight - Weekly
- Mid East Focus - Weekly. In a turbulent region, we give you a human perspective of the crisis on the ground. In a region exploding with religious tension, we go beyond and show you the real stories, real people, and dynamic storytelling
- Morning Edition / Sunday Review - Sunday to Friday with Yael Lavie, who anchored the i24news early program. News from around the world along with the viral spiral that is the Web review, plus culture from across the globe.
- News Now - Monday to Friday, Merav Savir anchored the latest news from around the world.
- Sport - Weekly. A tour around the world of sports.
- The Daily Beat - Monday to Friday, Meredith Ross anchored a full hour of news. A roundup of each day's top news, ranging from the always-volatile Middle East, through the U.S. campaign trail, to sports, economy and everything in between. With in-depth analysis and on the scene reporting.
- The Line Up - Monday to Friday, Nurit Zunger anchored news from around the world with Middle East perspective.
- The Tube - Weekly. Web & social networks news.
- Blum, Michael (19 July 2013). "i24news gives 'different view' of Israel: director". AFP. Archived from the original on 19 February 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Move over Al Jazeera, Israel’s own 24-hour TV news station is about to go live By Danna Harman, Haaretz, 3 July 2013
- Margalit, Ruth (29 July 2013). "The Israeli Answer to Al Jazeera". The New Yorker. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "International news channel i24NEWS to begin broadcasting in Israel". i24 News. 29 August 2018. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Briel, Robert (1 April 2019). "i24news signs German, Swiss deals". Broadband TV News. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Patrick Drahi's Israeli News Channel I24news to Air in US by JLTV". Jewish Business News. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Altice USA" (PDF).
- "Programs". i24news.tv.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to I24news.|