||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Launched||17 July 2013|
|Owned by||Patrick Drahi|
|Language||English, French, Arabic|
|Affiliates||Channel 2 (Israel)|
|Astra 19.2°E (Europe)||11068 V / 22000 / 5/6 (French)|
|Hot Bird 13B (Europe, Maghreb, Middle East)||11471 V / 27500 / 5/6 (Arabic/English)|
(Asia, Middle East, Africa)
|3960 H / 30000 / 5/6 (Arabic/English)|
|SES-4 (Africa)||11671 V / 5/6 (French)|
|SES-5 (Africa)||11843 H / 27500 / 2/3|
|Eutelsat 70B (Asia)||11565 H / 11401 / 2/5|
|Canalsat (France)||Channel 112 (French)|
|Canalsat (Africa)||Channel 175 (French)|
|Sky Italia (Italy)||Channel 537 (English)|
|Cyfrowy Polsat (Poland)||Channel 235 (English)|
|Movistar+ (Spain)||Channel 128 (English)|
|Numericable (Luxembourg)||Channel 88 (French)|
(French West Indies)
|Channel 161 (French)|
|Free (France)||Channel 88 (French)|
|Bouygues (France)||Channel 165 (French)|
|Orange (France)||Channel 181 (French)|
|SFR (France)||Channel 271 (French)|
|i24news.tv||En, Fr, Ar|
|Dailymotion||En, Fr, Ar|
i24news is an Israeli international 24-hour news and current affairs television channel located in Jaffa Port, Tel Aviv, Israel. It broadcasts in French, English and Arabic, with the French-language branch considered primary. The channel's owner is Patrick Drahi, and the CEO is Frank Melloul.
Arab Israeli journalist Lucy Aharish was the lead anchor of the English-language branch of the channel from July 2013 until she resigned in January 2016. Her show "The News Today" was replaced by "News Now with Merav Savir". News Now was cancelled after only a few months of broadcast, ahead of changes to the Network (Yet to be announced).
i24news is currently only available outside of Israel. It is offered in France (including West Indies), Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Africa. The channel is also streamed live on its website in all three languages. Patrick Drahi has asked Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to allow i24news to be broadcast in Israel. The channel recently signed an agreement enabling it to be broadcast in Germany on Kabel Deutschland. i24news is broadcast in the United States via the Jewish Life Television network.
The English channel news team consists of diplomacy and defense correspondents, anchors, editors, producers and journalists.
English News Anchors
- Meredith Ross One of the longest serving presenters. Originally presented "The News" a ten minute news bulletin at the top of the hour and half past. Now presents The Daily Beat
- Yael Lavie presents the Morning Edition & Sunday Review
- Nurit Zunger presents The Line Up
- Merav Savir Now an anchor for News Now originally worked as an anchor of "The News" previously worked on The Morning Edition
- David Matlin presented for the i24news desk a ten minute news bulletin at the top of the hour and half past.
- Michal Divon
- Anthony Grant Former blogger at The New York Times T Magazine, presented daily media review segments on The Morning Edition and a weekly press review with Lucy Aharish, and a Middle East press review for the French channel
- BinyaminTjongAlvares presented the Economy Magazine
- Jordana Miller
English Magazine Anchors
- Tal Heinrich
- Tal Shalev Left the channel in May 2016 and moved to Walla! news.
- Oded Grober
- Jason Danino-Holt
- Johnathan Regev
English Relief Presenters
- Tal Heinrich
- Lauren Izso, occasionally presents news bulletins on weekends and fills in on some shifts
- Johnathan Regev
- Danny Swibel
Programming on i24news includes:
- i24news desk previously called "The News" a ten minute news bulletin at the top of the hour and half past.
- Morning Edition / Sunday Review - Sunday to Friday with Yael Lavie, who anchors the i24news early program. News from around the world along with the viral spiral that is the Web review, plus culture from across the globe.
- The Daily Beat - Monday to Friday, Meredith Ross anchors a full hour of news. A roundup of each day's top news, ranging from the always-volatile Middle East, through the U.S. campaign trail, to sports, economy and everything in between. With in-depth analysis and on the scene reporting.
- The Line Up - Monday to Friday, Nurit Zunger anchors news from around the world with Middle East perspective.
- News Now - Monday to Friday, Merav Savir anchors the latest news from around the world.
- Culture - Weekly. The latest cultural buzz & trends. The highs and lows of the cultural world. From actors, through fine arts and even musicians.
- Faceoff - Weekly. A weekly confrontational in-depth look at the news of the hour, and the people who make it.
- Defense - Weekly. Military & strategic affairs. A first-hand look at the Israel Defense Force, one of the strongest armies in the world, and conflicts around the world. Coverage of clashes, war and the most volatile stories of the week.
- Economy - Weekly. International Business & financial news.
- Mid East Focus - Weekly. In a turbulent region, we give you a human perspective of the crisis on the ground. In a region exploding with religious tension, we go beyond and show you the real stories, real people, and dynamic storytelling
- Insight - Weekly
- Sport - Weekly. A tour around the world of sports.
- The Tube - Weekly. Web & social networks news.
- Blum, Michael (19 July 2013). "i24news gives 'different view' of Israel: director". AFP. Retrieved 19 July 2013.[dead link]
- Move over Al Jazeera, Israel’s own 24-hour TV news station is about to go live By Danna Harman, Haaretz, July 3, 2013
- The Israeli Answer to Al Jazeera By Ruth Margalit, The New Yorker, July 29, 2013.
- Patrick Drahi’s Israeli News Channel I24news To Air In US By JLTV, Jewish Business News, Mar 18th, 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to I24news.|