|Toufan I, II|
|Manufacturer||Iran Aviation Industries Organization (IAIO)|
|First flight||May 2010|
|Primary users||Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution (IRGC)
Iranian Army (Army Aviation)
|Number built||65 Toufan I in 2016
2 Toufan II in 2013
|Developed from||Bell AH-1J International Cobra|
The IAIO Toufan or Toophan (Persian: توفان, "typhoon") is series of combat helicopters produced by the Iran Aviation Industries Organization. Based on the US-built AH-1J SeaCobra, the Toofan is produced in two variants, the Toufan I unveiled in May 2010 was followed by the improved Toufan II unveiled on January 2013.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (September 2017)|
- New laser system
- Rocket-launching digital control system
- Multi-display monitor, and
- Central smart arms management system
- Iran Unveils ‘Toofan 2’ Helicopter. uskowioniran.com
- "Iran unveils latest indigenous helicopter Toufan 2". Presstv.ir. PressTV. 2012-12-12. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Iran Starts Using New Home-Made Combat Choppers". English.farsnews.com. Fars News Agency. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Iranian Army receives Toufan II attack helicopters". Army Technology. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2017-09-18.