|Industry||Computer Software (Online Backup Software)|
|Genre||Online Backup Service|
|Founder||Johan Jongsma – Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Jan Gerzinus Jongsma - Chief Sales Officer (CFO), Rene van Steenbergen - Chief Information Officer (CIO)|
|Headquarters||Emmeloord, Netherlands, Minsk, Belarus|
|Services||software, cloud storage|
Number of employees
|Developer(s)||IASO Backup Technology|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux, Unix|
|Available in||most European languages, including Russian|
The IASO Name
The company derives its name from Greek mythology, in which Iaso (daughter to Asclepius, the God of Medicine) was the goddess of recovery. IASO’s company philosophy sees backup as simply the means to an end; the recovery from data loss. Hence, the reference to this ancient Greek goddess.
IASO originated as a Backup Service Provider under the name NOX, which evolved into a software developer, releasing their first product and renaming the company to IASO in 2004. Today, the company employs about 80 people with offices in Emmeloord, Netherlands and Minsk, Belarus.
IASO Backup provides several services, including Disaster Recovery as a Service, Bare Metal Restores, and Virtual Disaster Recovery for workstations and servers, with native plug-ins to backup:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Unix (all known recent versions)
- Linux (all known recent versions)
- Mac OS X 10.4 and higher
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
IASO Backup also encompasses several capabilities expected as part of a cloud backup solution:
IASO sells its online backup software to other service providers. Serving markets in Western and Eastern Europe today, IASO has a considerable market presence in the Netherlands and more than 2500 service providers across Europe. In spite of the fact that IASO’s commercial base is mainly in Europe, with distribution partners active in Germany, France, UK and the Nordic region, the company also has partners in Asia, Australia and the United States.
IASO is targeting large service providers that seek to serve large enterprise customer environments, ideally those with many branch offices geographically dispersed.
IASO was acquired by GFI Software in 2013 and is now available as part of SolarWinds MSP line of products targeted at service providers, branded as MSP Backup and Recovery.
Awards and honors
- IASO Backup was nominee for Deloitte Technology Fast50 EMEA 2008
- IASO Backup won the CRN Channel Awards in 2008
- IASO Backup won the FD Gazellen Awards 2008 for fastest Growing company in The Netherlands
- IASO Backup won editors choice of WinMagPro in 2009
- IASO Backup was nominee for Deloitte Technology Fast500 EMEA 2010
- IASO Backup won the Winmag Pro SME Best Choice award 2011
- IASO Backup won the Main Software 50 for #1 Highest Growth Award 2012
- IASO Backup was nominee for the Best Cloud Storage award by V3
- IASO Backup was also a Stevie Aware nominee for the New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Cloud Storage & Backup Solution category
- IASO Backup won the Winmag Pro SME Best Choice award 2013
- IASO Backup won the IT Business Channel Product of the Month February 2014
- "Success Story of Rackforce". IASO.
- "Success Story of Previder". IASO.
- "Equinix Adds Cloud Service Providers to Ecosystem in Europe". Equinix. Feb 26, 2014.
- "GFI Software Acquires IASO". GFI. May 29, 2013.
- "IASO wins FD Gazelle Award 2008". Channel Web. Nov 19, 2008.
- "IASO Backup". Winmag Pro. Dec 8, 2011.
- "The Main Software 50 shows that the Dutch Software sector continuous to perform above average.". Main Software 50. Nov 7, 2012.
- Bennett, Madeline (Nov 29, 2013). "V3 announces winners of Technology Awards 2013". V3.co.uk.
- "New Product Awards & Product Management Categories Stevie® Award Winners". American Business Awards. May 13, 2013.
- "IASO Online Backup". Winmag Pro. Dec 12, 2013.
- "GFI IASO Online Backup". IT Business. Jan 16, 2014.