IBM Champions are individuals, non-IBMer and recognized professionals in the IBM community.
History and Organization
- The IBM Champion program recognizes innovative thought leaders in the technical community — and rewards these contributors by amplifying their voice and increasing their sphere of influence. An IBM Champion is an IT professional, business leader, developer, or educator who influences and mentors others to help them make best use of IBM software, solutions, and services.
As of today, the program has elected 484 professionals across the globe. As of 2018, champions are divided in 6 groups:
- IBM Analytics Champions (merger of Business Analytics and Information Management)
- IBM Cloud Champions
- IBM Collaboration & Talent Champions (ICS)
- IBM Power Systems Champions
- IBM Storage Champions
- IBM Z Champions
IBM Champions are nominated by their peers. An IBM internal committee publishes the results once a year and the title is valid for one year. The champion needs to be nominated every year.
Lifetime IBM Champions
Besides from being elected as an IBM Champion on a yearly basis, IBM announced the entitlement for a lifetime achievement to the following personalities (as of March 2018) 
- Gabriella Davis (2016)
- Theo Heselmans (2016L)
- Mouritz Opperman (2016)
- Julian Robichaux (2017)
- Paul Withers (2018)
- Roberto Mazzoni (2018)
- Richard Moy (2019)
- Daniel Nashed (2019)
- Pete Massiello (2018)
- Alex Ivanov (2018)
- Tiago Moura (2018)
- Klaas Brant (2018)
- Stuart Litel (2018)
- "Triton DB2 Experts Recognised as IBM Champions for a Successive Year". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "IBM Champion Program". IBM. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "IBM Champion profile search results for All expertise". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- . 2016-02-22 https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/ibmchampion/entry/Recognizing_Lifetime_Achievement?lang=en. Retrieved 2016-02-22. Missing or empty