IBM Check Processing Control System
|Initial release||before 1971|
V1R13 / 2006
|Written in||Cobol, Assembler|
|Type||Check Sorting Software|
|Website||www.ibm.com/Products/CPCS at the Wayback Machine (archived May 24, 2001)|
CPCS (Check Processing Control System) is an IBM software product that supports high speed check sorting operations within financial institutions. The software works in conjunction with check sorting equipment, such as the IBM 3890.
This application is run on the main frame. It receives the data from the document processor and can store information from the cheques, including the bank number, branch number, account number and the amount the check was written for, as well as internal transaction codes.
- Catalog of Copyright Entries. Third Series: 1971: July-December, By Library of Congress. Copyright Office, Page 2823, ...Check processing control system (CPCS) general information manual; program number 5734-F11. 1st ed. o 4Jun71; A284890....
- Systems&Peripherals:And Boost Multiprocessor's Capacity:Check-Processing Control System Cuts Bank's Rejects, Computerworld, 2 May 1977, Page 46 & Page 50
- RCA, IBM report new developments in software packages, SOURCE: Banking;May71, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p54, ABSTRACT: Presents an update on developments in computer software packages for banks as of May 1971. Acquisition of the online customer information file system used at the Fidelity Bank of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by RCA company; Details on the CPCS computer program developed by IBM company for check processing.
- Contention when locking an on-line VSAM file using ENQ/DEQ. All users are being locked out of entire file., By NanetteHaraden, Asked: May 17, 2010, IT Answers, ...We are running IBM's Check Processing Control System (CPCS) which is written in Cobol & Assembler...
- US - IBM Check Processing Control System (CPCS), IBM United States Sales Manual, Revised: December 01, 2009.
- Check Processing Control System Release 13 delivers easier product, LETTER NUMBER AP04-1304 PROGRAMMING ANNOUNCEMENT, OCTOBER 26, 2004
- ImagePlus speeds check Handling, Network World, 19 Mar 1990, Page 51, ...The HPTS system is designed to be used with IBM 3890/XP mainframes supporting IBM's Check-Processing Control System (CPCS) and running MVS/ESA...
- Banking Special Issue: Proof of Deposit - Case Study, by Joe Devlin, Armadillo Associates, Inc., ... This allows Wachovia to process these checks quickly and accurately using its high speed IBM 3890/XP reader/sorters, running IBM's Check Processing Control System (CPCS)...
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|