IBM Developer is a free web-based professional network and technical resource center established by IBM for software developers, IT professionals, and students worldwide. Originally known as developerWorks, the site attracts over 5 million visitors per month in 195 countries, and is designed to help users develop and master skills, solve problems, collaborate with peers, and stay ahead of the latest trends in open standards and IBM technologies. IBM Developer provides an easily operating open-source that helps developers learn via community-tested code patterns and cloud-based services.
IBM Developer features various how-to articles and tutorials, software downloads and code samples, discussion forums, podcasts, blogs, wikis, and other resources. Users can excel in various technologies including industry-standard technologies such as Java, Linux, Kubernetes, blockchain, and a different open-source technologies. They can also learn about IBM's software products (WebSphere, Rational, Lotus, Tivoli and Db2). The site also provides information on trends such as green IT, cloud computing, and tech for good initiatives.
In addition to the technical information, IBM Developer offers a social networking community. It was created to help users build relationships with technical professionals who have similar interests and collaborate in order to find solutions to tough technical questions; it has 1,000,000 registered members. IBM Developer provides language support in English, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, and Latin American Spanish. The platform has won several awards including the Jolt Hall of Fame honor from Dr. Dobb's Journal.
- (in French) Erin Traudt & Richard Vancil, IDC white book about social business, January 2011, page 5.
- developerWorks knowledge paths. Ibm.com (2011-10-16). Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- developerWorks downloads (product trials, technologies, updates and fixes)
- developerWorks forums. Ibm.com (2011-06-13). Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- developerWorks blogs. Ibm.com (2009-08-20). Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- developerWorks technical events and webcasts. Ibm.com (2011-01-09). Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- developerWorks country page Archived May 25, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Ibm.com (2011-04-01). Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- Cloud computing according to developerWorks Archived November 24, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Ibm.com. Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- developerWorks online community. Ibm.com. Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- developerWorks blogs : Michael O'Connell : dW wins Jolt Hall of Fame award; Booch, Ambler, dW authors also honored Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. Ibm.com (2007-03-27). Retrieved on February 14, 2020.