IBM Notes Traveler
|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2016)|
|Written in||Java and C++|
|Available in||English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese and many more|
|Website||IBM Notes Traveler|
IBM Notes Traveler (formerly IBM Lotus Notes Traveler) software, a push-email product, provides access to email and Personal Information Management (PIM) application for IBM Notes customers using supported mobile devices. Version 9.0 supports Android 2.x, 3.x, and 4.x; Apple iPhone and iPad; Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 and 6; Windows Phone 7 and 8; Windows RT; Blackberry 10; and Symbian Series 60 mobile platforms as well as Microsoft Outlook and Windows 8 desktop platforms.
IBM Notes Traveler synchronizes email, calendar, contacts, journal and to-do data through wireless networks with an IBM Domino server. The software provides basic email collaboration features such as create, reply, forward and delete (including attachment support). It also provides meeting-request support, including accepting and rejecting meeting invitations with comments, as well as attachment handling. Eligible IBM Notes customers can download the software free of charge.
IBM Notes Traveler software uses a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection for encrypting data that travels over the air via an HTTPS protocol.
Compare IBM Verse.
- Lopes, Marina (2014-11-18). "IBM Launches Business E-mail That Integrates Social Media". Business Insider. Business Insider. Reuters. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
International Business Machine Corp on Tuesday launched a new e-mail application for businesses that integrates social media, file sharing and analytics to learn a user's behavior and predict interactions with coworkers. [...] The new e-mail service, known as IBM Verse, includes a built-in personal assistant that can learn from a user's behavior and draft responses to e-mails based on similar previous interactions.
- IBM Notes and Domino home page
- IBM Notes Traveler home page
- What's New in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 Documentation
- IBM Notes Traveler Product Documentation
- Press Article: IBM Delivers Enterprise Secure Mail for Android, iPhone, Nokia Symbian Smartphones
- IBM Business Partner Link: Monitor the health of Lotus Traveler using VitalSigns from RPR Wyatt