IBM Lotus Quickr
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Collaboration platform, collaboration, web 2.0|
IBM Lotus Quickr is social team collaboration software, used by teams of people to share content. Lotus Quickr works inside and outside firewalls.
Lotus Quickr can be described as three things:
- Content stores or repositories – where you store your personal and team content
- Team Collaboration – that let you store, organize, access, and share content and team projects
- Connectors – that provide the end user interface to Lotus Quickr content
Lotus Quickr has six main components:
- Content libraries: organize and share content 
- Lotus Quickr + ECM: extend enterprise content management investments 
- Team places: create online places for projects or teams 
- Connectors: work where you are without switching applications 
- Templates: use prebuilt team places to get started fast 
At Lotusphere 2010, IBM previewed the next release of Lotus Quickr. Future plans include an easier to use Lotus Quickr library, simplified version control, and a redesigned discussion forum, and support for Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS). Announcements at Lotusphere 2010 also included a new Lotus Quickr client for Blackberry.
Lotus Quickr connectors are like mini-applications or plug-ins that are snapped into desktop applications. The connectors offer the following features and benefits: People can continue to work in their familiar desktop applications. The connectors enable the easy movement of content from Lotus Notes, Lotus Sametime, Windows Explorer, Microsoft Office or Lotus Symphony into Quickr.
The Lotus Quickr content services include Web services and REST style services for accessing content, allowing developers to build their own extensions and connectors to Lotus Quickr. Initial support for the NSF and JCR backends was announced with future support coming for IBM DB2 Content Manager and IBM FileNet P8.
Professional project and portfolio management templates for Lotus Quickr are available from Trilog Group, an Official IBM Design Partner. Marketed as ProjExec for Quickr, the solution offers project teams a robust alternative to Microsoft Project and SharePoint. It also integrates with Lotus Notes, Lotus Sametime and more recently with IBM Connections to deliver an Enterprise-class social project management platform.
Free templates are available from SNAPPS, an Official IBM Design Partner, for Lotus Quickr to enable faster deployment.
Third party applications that enhance the user experience include an improved Online rich-text editor from Ephox which helps contributors create compelling content quickly in Team places, the wiki and blog components.
- "Lotus Quickr Content Libraries". IBM. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Lotus Quickr and ECM". IBM. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Lotus Quickr Team Places". IBM. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Lotus Quickr Connectors Home Page". IBM. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Lotus Quickr Templates". IBM. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Announcement letter" (PDF). IBM. 2009-09-08. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "IBM's Social Strategy Includes Support for CMIS, User Generated Content and Compliance". CMSWire. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "New BlackBerry apps for Lotus Quickr, Connections by RIM are coming on Monday". uptomark. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-21.