OMEGAMON, later IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE, is a software family of performance monitors for IBM zEnterprise computer environments. These products were originally written, marketed, sold and maintained by Candle Corporation, which was acquired by IBM in 2004. The OMEGAMON product family provides analysis of IBM mainframe operating systems such as z/OS and z/VM and various sub-systems such as CICS, DB2 and IMS.
There are 9 products in the IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON family:
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for z/OS V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Monitor for z/OS V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert for z/OS V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Storage on z/OS V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for z/OS V5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for z/VM and Linux V4
Version 5 of the OMEGAMON family of products shipped in 2012 and included a new Enhanced 3270 User Interface with new user customization options and built-in problem solving scenarios.
The IBM® Tivoli® OMEGAMON® family of products provides a comprehensive performance and availability solution to allow IT operations to analyze and manage operating systems, databases or other environments. OMEGAMON is designed to detect mainframe performance problems across multiple subsystems, and allow computer operations personnel to quickly isolate and take action on those problems.
IBM Service Management Unite provides a set of predefined Performance Management dashboards that you can use to view monitoring data from the OMEGAMON agents. With the visualized dashboards, you can quickly identify problems in your mainframe environment, isolate issues, and fix them directly in the console.
|This operating-system-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This mainframe computer-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|