|Initial release||1.0 July 28, 1996|
2.4 / December 22, 2006
IBrowse is a MUI-based web browser for the Amiga range of computers, and was a rewritten follow-on to Amiga Mosaic, one of the first web browsers for the Amiga Computer. IBrowse was originally developed for a company called Omnipresence, now defunct. The original author has since continued development of IBrowse.
A limited OEM version of IBrowse is included with AmigaOS 4.
IBrowse has not been available for sale to new customers since April 2007 when its distributor quit the Amiga market, although existing v2.x users can download and install the demo version over their existing installation in order to access all functionality.
- "MUI News". 29 May 1998. Archived from the original on 25 June 1998. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- Bettinson, Mat (November 1996). "Battle of the Browsers, IBrowse 1.0". CU Amiga. No. 81. EMAP. pp. 54–56. ISSN 0963-0090.
- Drummond, Richard (December 1999). "AFCD46, IBrowse 2.1 Demo". Amiga Format. No. 130. Future Publishing. pp. 83–84. ISSN 0957-4867.
- Němec, Luboš (November 1999). "IBrowse 2.1". Amiga Review (in Czech). No. 50. Atlantida Publishing. pp. 16–18. ISSN 1211-1465.
- "IOSPIRIT GmbH quits the Amiga market". 23 March 2007. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- "IBrowse² Documentation - Installation". ibrowse-dev.net. 2003-06-28. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- Fischer, Michael., Meyer, Michael., and Witbrock, Michael. "User Extensibility in Amiga Mosaic", Proceedings of the Second International World Wide Web (WWW) Conference '94: Mosaic and the Web, October 1994
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|