International Consortium for the Advancement of Academic Publication
International Consortium for the Advancement of Academic Publication (ICAAP) is non-profit publisher of academic journals, hosted at Athabasca University, Canada. It was founded as International Consortium for Alternative Academic Publication in 1998 by Mike Sosteric. It uses Open Journal Systems.
Some notable journals published by the consortium are:
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology
- Canadian Journal for Traditional Music
- Electronic Journal of Sociology
- International Journal of Baudrillard Studies
- Journal of Research Practice
- Radical Pedagogy
- E-JASL: The Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship
- Mike Sosteric (April 1999). "Freedom from the Press: Alternative Academic Publication Strategies and the True Potentials of Information Technology". The Technology Source.
- Jean Caswell, Paul G. Haschak, Dayne Sherman (2005). New challenges facing academic librarians today: electronic journals, archival digitization, document delivery, etc. Edwin Mellen Press. ISBN 0-7734-6013-6.
- Sosteric, Michael (October 2004). "The International Consortium for the Advancement of Academic Publication - an idea whose time has come (finally!)". Learned Publishing. 17 (4): 319–325. doi:10.1087/0953151042321644.
|This publishing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|