Motto in English
|"We teach to learn"|
|President||Francisco Piedrahita Plata|
Pance, Santiago de Cali,
|Colors||Blue, White and Green|
Icesi University (Spanish: Universidad Icesi) is a private university located in Cali, Colombia. The campus is located in the area of Pance, south of the city. Founded in 1979 by a group of businessmen in the region. Icesi University with a campus of 141,334 square meters, offers undergraduate programs, specializations, masters and doctorates.
In 2010, the Icesi University of Cali, was the first private University in southwestern Colombia, in the High Quality Institutional Accreditation. In 2015, the Ministry of National Education granted the renewal of the High Quality Institutional Accreditation, until 2021.
Icesi University has 13 accredited programs: Telematics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Design, Business Administration, Economics and International Business, Law, Public Accounting and Finance, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Economics and International Business, Media Design Interactive, International Marketing and Advertising, Psychology and Political Science.
The University had 13 research groups in Colciencias, seven of them are located (according to the newclassification of research groups of Colciencias) clasified in category A1, 2 in category A, 3 in category B, and 1 in category C .1
Today Icesi has five faculties and the School of Education. The five faculties are: Administrative and Economic Sciences, Engineering, Law and Social Sciences, Natural Sciences and Health Sciences; together they offer 28 undergraduate programs, 1 Doctoral Program, 25 master's programs and 23 medical-surgical specializations; all academic offerings are approved by the Ministry of National Education.
Faculty of Administrative and Economic Sciences
- Business Administration with an emphasis in International Business
- Public Accounting and International Finance
- Economics and International Business
- International Marketing and Advertising
- Icesi MBA
- MBA Global - Icesi Tulane
- Management of Health Organizations
- Accounting and Taxation
- Doctorate: Business Economics
Faculty of Engineering
- •Systems Engineering
- Telematics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Industrial design
- Interactive Media Design
- Biochemical Engineering
- Informatics and Telecommunications Management
- Master's Degree in Computing and Telecommunications (Research)
- Industrial Engineering
- Master's Degree in Innovation Management
- Master's Degree in Project Management
- Master's Data Science
School of Law and Social Sciences
- SociologyPolitical Science with emphasis in International Relations
- Psychosocial intervention
- Management for Social Innovation
- Social and Political Studies (Research)
- Master of Law (Research)
Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Biology (with focus in Conservation and Molecular Biology / Biotechnology)
- Chemistry (with an emphasis in Biochemistry)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Formulation of Chemicals and Derivatives
- Biotechnology (Research)
- Sciences - Biotechnology (Research)
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Arthroscopy • Cardiology • Pediatric Cardiology • Dermatology • Gynecology and Obstetrics • Hematology and Oncology • Internal Medicine Nephrology • Pediatrics • Liaison Psychiatry • Radiology and diagnostic images • Rheumatology • Abdominal Organ Transplant Surgery • Allergology • Head and neck surgery • Emergency Medicine • Psychiatry • Neurology • Neurosurgery • Pediatric Nephrology • Anesthesiology • Orthopedics and Traumatology • Infectious Disease
School of Education Sciences
- Degree in Basic Primary Education
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Foreign Languages (with emphasisin English)
- Degree in Natural Sciences
- Degree in social sciences
- Degree in Literature and Spanish Language
- Master's Program in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- ICT-mediated Education (Virtual modality)
CDEE (Center for the Development of Entrepreneurship)
- Enterprise Creation
Today Icesi has five faculties and the School of Education. The five faculties are: Administrative and Economic Sciences, Engineering, Law and Social Sciences, Natural Sciences and Health Sciences; together they offer 27 undergraduate programs, 1 Doctoral Program, 25 master's programs and 23 medical-surgical specializations; all academic offerings are approved by the Ministry of National Education and are recognized to be of the highest quality due to being endorsed by the following national and international accreditations:
• High Quality Institutional Accreditation certified by the National Accreditation Council of the Ministry of National Education.
• International Accreditation AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), an international institution that certifies the academic quality of business faculties around the world.
• Accreditation AMBA (Association of MBAs), an impartial authority established in London for the certification of the graduate programs in business faculties.
• ABET Accreditation (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology), one of the most important engineering program accreditation committees in the world, based in Baltimore, United States.
The Office of International Relations, together with the faculties of the Icesi University, identifies, promotes, coordinates and evaluates academic and cultural programs, with the purpose of developing in its students the competencies to understand and act, in an effective way, in a globalized world. For this reason, it has established bilateral and multilateral cooperation agreements with universities, higher education institutions, research centers, international cooperation organizations and government entities to facilitate the process of internationalization of academic programs and the development of the global perspective of the students.
Reason why, it foments international experiences in the students through several modalities: realization of semesters of exchange in other universities, with which it has an agreement; internships and work practices abroad; as well as short programs of visits to other countries, either in missions, visits or summer programs, among others. Icesi currently has agreements in more than 870 international destinations (United States, Canada, Germany, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Korea, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, United Arab Emirates , Ecuador, Spain, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Ghana, Hungary, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mala, Morocco, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal , Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Uruguay)
- Universidad ICESI, Cali (2017-06-17). "ICESI en Cifras" (PDF) (in Spanish). Boletín Estadístico 2006.
↑ Colciencias. «Directorio de Grupos Colombianos de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica e Innovación». Consultado el 18 de octubre de 2018.