This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ICFI|
|Industry||Professional Services, PR , Brand, Strategy, Communications and Management Consulting|
Chairman and CEO
|Revenue||US $1.13 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
|More than 5,000 (2015)|
|Slogan||Passion. Expertise. Results.|
ICF International, provides professional services and technology-based solutions to government, commercial and international clients. The company offers advisory and implementation services to its clients to help them conceive, develop, implement and improve solutions in strategy and policy analysis, program management, project evaluation, and other services. Its services primarily address four markets: energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services and social programs, and homeland security and defense. The Company's advisory and management consulting services include needs and markets assessment, policy analysis, strategy and concept development, change management strategy, enterprise architecture, and program design. Its implementation services include information technology solutions, project and program management, project delivery, strategic communications and training.
ICF was founded in 1969 as the Inner City Fund, a venture capital firm established to finance inner-city businesses. Its first president was C. D. Lester, a former Tuskegee Airman, who was joined by three U.S. Department of Defense analysts. The firm's consulting business proved more successful than its investments, and in 1972, it was reorganized as a consulting firm and renamed ICF Incorporated. ICF focused on energy issues for U.S. federal agencies throughout the 1970s.
During the 1980s, the firm expanded its environmental business and began to build its engineering capabilities. In 1988, the firm acquired Kaiser Engineers, which had originated as the engineering unit of Henry J. Kaiser's industrial empire and grew to rank among the largest engineering and construction companies in the world. The following year, the combined company went public and eventually traded its stock on the New York Stock Exchange. The combined company operated as "ICF Kaiser," maintaining its consulting unit largely intact.
In 1999, ICF International ended its decade-long affiliation with Kaiser Engineers through acquisition by its management and CM Equity Partners, LP, an equity investment firm based in New York City.
In 2002, ICF acquired two divisions of Arthur D. Little: Global Environment & Risk (Americas) and Public Sector Program Management.
In 2005, ICF acquired Synergy, Inc., a provider of strategic planning, analysis, and technology solutions in defense command and control, operations, and logistics.
In 2007, ICF acquired Energy and Environmental Analysis (EEA), a firm that specialized in energy market analyses, modeling, transportation and energy technology, and environmental advisory services.
In 2007, ICF acquired Advanced Performance Consulting Group (APCG), a firm that specialized in helping federal organizations develop and implement strategy, improve enterprise performance, manage change, support employee growth, and communicate effectively.
In 2007, ICF acquired Z-Tech Corporation, a provider of software engineering, web design and development, and scientific computing services in support of federal health agencies.
In 2007, ICF acquired SH&E, the world’s largest consulting firm dedicated to air transport.
In 2008, ICF acquired Jones & Stokes, an integrated planning and resource management firm specializing in the transportation, energy, water, and natural resource management sectors.
In 2009, ICF International acquired Macro International Inc., an advisory, implementation, and evaluation services firm providing research-based solutions to U.S. federal government agencies in health and other areas.
In 2009, ICF acquired Jacob & Sundstrom, Inc., an information technology firm specializing in cybersecurity and identity management services for U.S. federal civilian and defense agencies.
In 2010, ICF acquired Marbek Resource Consultants Ltd., a leading Canadian energy and environmental consulting firm.
In 2011, ICF acquired Ironworks Consulting LLC, an interactive web development firm that provided customer engagement solutions across web, mobile, and social media platforms to companies in the health, energy, and financial services industries as well as to U.S. federal government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
In 2012, ICF International acquired GHK Holdings Limited, a multidisciplinary consultancy headquartered in the UK serving government and commercial clients on environment, employment, health, education and training, transportation, social policy, business and economic development, and international development issues.
In 2013, ICF International acquired Ecommerce Accelerator LLC, a premier Hybris multichannel e-commerce integrator.
In 2014, ICF International acquired CITYTECH, Inc., a Chicago-based digital interactive consultancy specializing in enterprise applications development, web experience management, mobile application development, cloud enablement, managed services, and customer experience management solutions.
In 2014, ICF acquired Mostra S.A., a fully integrated communications firm headquartered in Belgium offering end-to-end, multichannel communications solutions to assist government and commercial clients in reaching out to their stakeholders and customers, and a key provider of strategic communications to European Union institutions.
In 2014, ICF acquired Olson, an integrated marketing technology and digital services provider offering digital marketing solutions around customer engagement and branding; widely recognized for its innovative strategic advisory work, its software-driven customer loyalty programs, and its analytics-based marketing.
||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (March 2015)|
In 2006, ICF Consulting was renamed ICF International to reflect the firm's growing geographic presence and increased service offerings. The firm also pursued an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and now is a publicly traded firm listed on the NASDAQ under the symbol NASDAQ: ICFI .
- Sudhakar Kesavan - Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
- John Wasson - President & Chief Operating Officer
- James C. Morgan - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- John George - Chief Information Officer
- Colette LaForce - Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
- Andrea Baier - Senior Vice President
- Louise Clements - Execituve Vice President
- Gene Costa - Senior Vice President
- James Daniel - Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Ellen Glover - Executive Vice President
- John Guda - Senior Vice President
- Jim Lawler - Executive Vice President
- Philip Mihlmester - Executive Vice President
- Sergio Ostria - Executive Vice President
- Dr. Barbara Rudin - Executive Vice President
- Dr. David Speiser - Executive Vice President
- Robert Toth - Senior Vice President
In addition to professional services and technology-based solutions, ICF provides universal services throughout the project and program lifecycle in:
- Business Process Operations and Optimization
- Customer Satisfaction
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- ICF Olson
- Information and Data Management
- IT Solutions
- Management Consulting
- Modeling and Simulation
- Organizational Learning and Performance
- Performance Management
- Program Management and IT Management
- Research and Evaluation
- Scientific and Engineering Analysis
- Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Strategy, Policy Analysis, and Regulatory Development
- Survey Research
- Training and Technical Assistance 
- Community Development
- Families and Communities
- International Development
ICF’s Integrated Planning Model (IPM®), a detailed model of the electric power sector, has been used by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in support of its air regulatory analysis for more than 15 years. ICF provides support to EPA in applying the model.
- "ICF International on the Forbes America's Best Midsize Employers List". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "ICF at a Glance". www.icfi.com. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Our History » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Acquires Advanced Performance Consulting Group » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 23, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "ICF International Acquires Z-Tech Corporation » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. June 28, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Simat Helliesen Eichner Inc One of the Worlds Largest Air Transport Consultancies » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. December 3, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Jones & Stokes » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. February 14, 2008. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Macro International Inc. » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. April 1, 2009. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Jacob & Sundstrom » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. December 10, 2009. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Marbek Resource Consultants Ltd. » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 5, 2011. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Ironworks Consulting » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 3, 2012. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Makes Offer to Acquire GHK Holdings Limited » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 30, 2012.
- "ICF International Announces ICF Interactive, a Complete Suite of Interactive Business Capabilities Purchase of Ecommerce Accelerator LLC Adds E-commerce to Robust Group of Interactive Offerings" icfi.com Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "ICF International - CityTech". corumgroup.com. Corum Group. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "ICF International to Acquire Mostra SA » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 21, 2014. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Olson » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. November 5, 2014. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- "Colette LaForce | - Washington Business Journal". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Andrea Baier Tapped to Lead ICF International, EVP Isabel Reiff to Retire July 31 | WashingtonExec". WashingtonExec. 2015-04-20. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "ICF Olson Snags MRM/McCann's Louise Clements". adage.com. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "ICFI Company Profile & Executives - ICF International Inc. - Wall Street Journal". quotes.wsj.com. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Jim Lawler on ICF’s GovCon Recruiting Agenda and Job Search Advantages for Candidates". ExecutiveBiz. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Breaking: ICF Names GDIT Vet Robert Toth Contracts SVP - GovCon Wire". GovCon Wire. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Executive Leadership". www.icfi.com. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Universal Professional Services » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Cybersecurity Solutions". www.icfi.com. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "Business Markets and Capabilities » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Integrated Planning Model | Programs and Regulations | Business | Clean Air Markets | Air & Radiation Home | US EPA". Epa.gov. June 28, 2006. Retrieved February 1, 2012.