IC Catholic Prep (Elmhurst, Illinois)
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|IC Catholic Prep|
217 Cottage Hill Avenue
|Oversight||Diocese of Joliet|
|Pastor||Very Rev. Thomas Paul|
|Student to teacher ratio||17:1|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and White|
|Slogan||The School for Independent Thinkers|
|Athletics conference||Metro Suburban Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
IC Catholic Prep (ICCP) is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Elmhurst, Illinois and located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Joliet in Illinois. When opened in 1936, it was the only co-educational secondary institution in DuPage County. Since the beginning, the Sisters of St. Agnes offered a curriculum that incorporated a college prep focus. It is the oldest Catholic, coeducational high school in DuPage County, Illinois. It is also the only parish-based high school in DuPage County.
Pulling from more than 38 different suburban communities, ICCP has an average class size 19:1.
IC Catholic Prep offers 25+ Advanced Placement and Honors classes in addition to its regular course offerings. ICCP offers a variety of extracurriculars ranging from National Honor Society, Art club, Book club, Engineering Club, Theater, Math Team, Student Council, and Yearbook.
Young men and women who learn, lead, and serve.
IC Catholic Prep is a dynamic college preparatory, Catholic, learning community that:
- Develops the whole person – Spirit, Mind, & Body;
- Inspires critical thinking and independent thought;
- Celebrates the Catholic tradition of community and service on behalf of others; and
- Prepares young women and men to lead confidently and selflessly throughout life.
Through a Catholic, college preparatory curriculum, students are encouraged to achieve their maximum potential and exemplify the Catholic values taught at IC Catholic Prep. Faculty, staff, administration, students and parents strive to work together to form a loving, Christ-centered community of believers. Students will encounter diversity of mind and culture, excel academically, and experience personal growth through their academic and extracurricular experiences. Students will be challenged to become independent thinkers who make a positive impact on the world through a selfless confidence and service to others.
The Football Program won back-to-back Class 3A IHSA State Championships in 2016 and 2017 and won the Class 4A IHSA State Championship in 2018. In 2008, the Immaculate Conception football team became the first 4 loss football team in IHSA history to win a state championship, winning the class 2a football state championship. The 2008 football state championship squad posted a record of 10 wins and 4 losses, winning their final 6 games.
The Dance Team won state in 2012 and placed second in state in 2013. In 2016 the dance team also placed top ten at the IHSA state competition and placed first and second at every competition they attended.
The Volleyball Team, won the IHSA class 2A State Championship in 2013.
In 2018, the Wrestling Team qualified for the IHSA Class 1A Team State Finals for the first time in school history.
- Bob McMillen, Former arena football player and head football coach
- Skip Pitlock, Former MLB player (San Francisco Giants, Chicago White Sox)
- Clark Brinkman, (Class of 2014) Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 32nd round of the 2018 MLB Draft)
Notes and references
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- ICHS. "Immaculate Conception High School History". Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- Chadra, Karen (January 9, 2013). "IC High School Re-brands Itself With the Help of a Marketing Firm". Elmhurst Patch. Archived from the original on February 11, 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "IC Catholic Prep Admissions". www.iccatholicprep.org. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "IC Catholic Prep Academics". www.iccatholicprep.org. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "Extracurriculars – IC Catholic Prep". Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "About – IC Catholic Prep". Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- Illinois High School Association Boys Football Records and History: 2016-2017 3A Championship Game Team Information, 2017-2018 3A Championship Game Team Information, 2018-2019 4A Championship Game Team Information
- "IC Catholic Prep, Elmhurst, IL » Mission & Benefits". www.iccatholicprep.org. Retrieved 2018-05-07.
- Baseball-Reference.com. "Skip Pitlock Statistics and History". Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- Baseball-Reference.com. "Clark Brinkman Statistics and History". Retrieved 2018-06-26.