|Industry||Communications, VoIP provider|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, United States|
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2012)|
iCall, Inc. is a privately held telecommunications company founded in 2006 by Arlo C. Gilbert and Andrew H. Muldowney. iCall creates and distributes a self-titled software providing a browser-based, pc based and mobile messenger, VoIP and video chat service. Additionally, iCall provides iCall for Business, a hosted IP PBX business phone system.
iCall supports Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, MySpace Instant Messenger and Facebook Chat using one interface. iCall can also be accessed from mobile platforms such as Apple iOS and Android.
iCall provides free advertising supported VoIP calls to telephones in the United States and Canada.
iCall services can be used on both broadband and mobile networks.
The company is privately funded and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA.
iCall allows users to connect to the following protocols:
- AOL Instant Messenger
- Windows Live Messenger
- XMPP (including Facebook Messenger and Google Talk)
- Yahoo! Messenger
- Grouping messages within a window, with tabs for easy switching of conversations
- Ability to use multiple accounts on multiple services
- Alias nicknames for contacts
- Contact grouping
- Custom notifications for contacts
- Conversation logging
- Custom emoticons
- Custom notifications, including popups and sounds
- On the fly spell checking
- Voice calling
- Video calling
- Comparison of instant messaging clients
- Comparison of VoIP software
- Mobile VoIP
- Business telephone system
- Pogue, David (2 Aug 2007). "Get Your Free Net Phone Calls Here". New York Times. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Lendino, Jamie (28 January 2010). "iCall, Fring Now Allow iPhone VOIP Calls over 3G". PC Magazine. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Bounds, J (29 April 2011). "iCall Inc. moves HQ to Dallas, hiring 15 to 20". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- iCall: List of supported protocols
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ICall.|