|Industry||Email marketing, Software, Technology, Advertising|
|Headquarters||Morrisville, North Carolina, U.S.|
(Founder / Former CEO and President)
(Co-founder / Former Executive Chairman)
|Products||Email Marketing Software|
Number of employees
|51 – 200 |
iContact is a cloud based email and social media marketing provider located in Raleigh, North Carolina. iContact markets services which enable customers to create, track, and send HTML-based emails and social media messages. They specialize in small to medium-sized businesses and organizations. iContact also offers Salesforce.com and Google Analytics integration. They currently work with over 50,000 brands both domestic and internationally.
In 2003, Ryan Allis and Aaron Houghton met in an entrepreneurship club hosted by UNC where they both attended school. Shortly after meeting they hatched the idea to develop a company that would help small businesses manage their email marketing. They co-founded the business then known as Broadwick Corporation. In 2007, they decided to rebrand the company as iContact. In August 2010, iContact closed on a Series B investment of US$40 million from JMI Equity, adding to previous investments from NC IDEA, Updata Partners, and North Atlantic Capital. Just a couple years later on February 28, 2012, iContact was acquired for US$169 million by Vocus, a public-relations marketing service. On May 30, 2014, Vocus and Cision where both acquired (and merged) by GTCR. During this time iContact was left to operate as a stand-alone company.
Awards and recognitions
2008 Entrepreneurial Excellence Award from Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED).
2008 Best Place to work in the triangle - Mid Sized Business 
2010 AppExchange Best of ‘10 Award in the Mass E-mail Category from Salesforce.com Customers 
2010 #1 Email Marketing Service Provider in Website Magazine's New 2010 Top 50 Rankings 
2011 Fast 50 list of the 50 fastest growing companies in the Triangle.
2011 Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™ Ranking."
2011 International Customer Management Institute's (ICMI) Global Call Center of the Year Award.
2011 NCTA 21 Award for Environmental Stewardship
2013 Top 10 coolest places to work in Raleigh 
2015 G2 Crowd Top Email Marketing Software 
2015 Top #1 Email Marketing Service by Top10Reviews.com 
- "iContact's overview on LinkedIn". Retrieved 2014-09-15.
- Triangle Business Journal (June 5, 2007). "Broadwick Corp. to go by the name iContact". Triangle Business Journal. Retrieved 2007-07-05.
- Raleigh News & Observer (August 30, 2010). "Software-Maker Raises $40M". Raleigh News & Observer. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- Houghton, Aaron (2008-06-06). iContact Honored at CED's 2008 Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards. Techinnoventure, 6 June 2008. Retrieved from http://www.techinnoventure.com/?p=108.
- iContact Named 2009 Software Company of the Year by North Carolina Technology Association
- #2 iContact - Triangle Business Journal
- Deloitte’s 2011 Technology Fast 500™ North American Ranking