|Original author(s)||Richard Fairhurst, Tom MacWright, John Firebaugh, Saman Bemel-Benrud, Ansis Brammanis|
|Initial release||May 7, 2013|
2.9.0 / June 14, 2018
|Available in||78 languages|
It's the most popular OSM editor by number of users.
Some specialized forks of iD:
- Strava Slide, which allows easy optimizing the ways to match GPS tracks collected by Strava users
- iD-indoor, which is intended for indoor mapping
- Mapeo, experimental editor for offline mapping in remote environments
Prior to iD, the primary web editor for OpenStreetMap data was the Flash-based Potlatch 2 editor.. The iD editor project was founded by the author of Potlatch 1 and 2, Richard Fairhurst, online on July 13, 2012 and at the State of the Map conference on October 14, 2012.
In September 2012, the Knight Foundation announced the winners of the Knight News Challenge: Data competition. The team from Development Seed/Mapbox was selected as a winner for their proposal to develop new contribution tools for OpenStreetMap, and awarded a grant of $575,000. With this investment in hand, Mapbox collaborated with Richard Fairhurst to work on iD. The initial release of iD, labeled "Alpha0", came out shortly thereafter on December 22, 2012.
|Alpha||December 21, 2012||Alpha 3||February 23, 2013|
|Beta||April 2, 2013||Beta 1||April 2, 2013|
|1.0||May 9, 2013||1.0.1||May 10, 2013||EOL (End-of-life)|
|1.1||August 9, 2013||1.1.6||August 23, 2013||EOL|
|1.2||September 26, 2013||1.2.1||September 30, 2013||EOL|
|1.3||24 de outubro de 2013||1.3.10||May 21, 2014||EOL|
|1.4||May 29, 2014||1.4.0||May 29, 2014||EOL|
|1.5||July 8, 2014||1.5.4||July 29, 2014||EOL|
|1.6||October 6, 2014||1.6.3||10 de fevereiro de 2015||EOL|
|1.7||11 de fevereiro de 2015||1.7.4||September 16, 2015||EOL|
|1.8||November 8, 2015||1.8.3||December 11, 2015||EOL|
|1.9||March 1, 2016||1.9.4||May 4, 2016||Active|
|2.0||November 15, 2016||2.0.2||December 22, 2016||Active|
|2.1||February 4, 2017||2.1.3||February 24, 2017||Active|
|2.2||May 9, 2017||2.2.2||June 12, 2017||Active|
- Firebaugh, John (7 May 2013). "New Map Editor Launches on OpenStreetMap.org". Mapbox. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "OpenStreetMap launches all-new easy map editor and announces funding appeal". OpenStreetMap blog. 7 May 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- Halliday James (9 June 2016). "OpenStreetMap Without Servers [Part 2] A peer-to-peer OSM database". Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- MacLennan, Gregor (22 July 2016). "Technology Preview: Participatory mapping in the Amazon with Mapeo". Retrieved 11 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ID (software).|