|Initial release||October 31, 2012|
v5.1 / Daily release
devel-5.1 / Daily release
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris|
|Platform||OSGi, Jetty, ZK (framework)|
|Available in||15 languages|
|Type||ERP, CRM, SCM|
iDempiere Business Suite, also known as OSGi + ADempiere, is an open source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software that is fully navigable on PCs, tablets and smartphones, it has also customer relationship management (CRM) and supply chain management (SCM) functions. It is in contrast to proprietary or most other open source ERP solutions driven only by a community of supporters.
- 1 Features
- 2 History
- 3 Platform
- 4 Technology
- 5 Business Processes
- 6 Community
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 Further reading
- 10 External links
iDempiere can be used freely and it supports:
- Multiple tenants
- Multiple organizations (branches, plants, etc.)
- Multiple languages (29 localizations; mixed access in a single installation is possible)
- Multiple currencies
- Multiple account schemas
The architecture of the iDempiere system is sophisticated allowing it to easily expand its functions while maintaining a simple and flexible state of the ERP business system.
2006, starts the development of ADempiere as a fork of the open source version of Compiere.
2010, Adempiere 3.6.0 LTS and Branch GlobalQSS Adempiere361 are launched.
|Version number||Release date||Notes|
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.0.a Halloween Edition||October 31, 2012||
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.0b Devina||April 24, 2013||Beta version|
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.0c Devina LTS||June 27, 2013|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.0||October 31, 2013|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.1||October 31, 2014|
|Older version, yet still supported: 3.1 Maitreyi||October 31, 2015|
|Older version, yet still supported: 4.1||October 31, 2016|
|Current stable version: 5.1||October 31, 2017||
2011, due to disagreements in the former ADempiere developer community they decided to use the new name iDempiere for the code path with the new OSGi architecture. So iDempiere can be seen as the next generation of ADempiere or as a fork of the ADempiere Branch GlobalQSS Adempiere361. The majority of the active developer community started to work on iDempiere.
The big difference made on iDempiere 1.0 vs ADempiere was the platform technology upgrade to the OSGi framework that allows iDempiere to have plug-ins, so a lot of specific Code made on Adempiere have been updated as plug-ins in iDempiere., Also Jboss was replaced with Apache Tomcat improving the performance and memory footprint. Further upgrades are a new automatic build system based on Eclipse Buckminster, a major ZK upgrade (from ZK3.6 to ZK6) which allowed redesign of the web GUI.
2017, on version 5.1 the ZK framework is updated to version 22.214.171.124 and Oracle has been successfully tested for Oracle 12C.
Awards and recognition
Computer Review (Russian web page) - The best "free" ERP-systems of primary, secondary and higher levels, 5 November 2015.
TG Daily - 10 Best Open Source Software in 2017, 20th March 2017.
iDempiere consists of a Java server (based on a Jetty container) with a ZK 8.0/8.5 web GUI. It uses the OSGi framework for modularization. It has Oracle 11G/12C and PostgreSQL 9/10 database support. It has also a Swing Desktop Client.
This is a feature of iDempiere that extends the concept of a data dictionary to an "Active Data Dictionary" that lets it manage entities, validation rules, windows, formats, and other customizations of the application without new JAVA code. So iDempiere can be seen not only as an ERP but also as a platform to build database driven applications.
In iDempiere is very simple to create new tables to add specific business information.
The second feature of iDempiere are the plug-ins to modify or extend the ERP, CRM and SCM functionality. With the OSGi specification individual bundles of code (plug-ins) connect together in a dynamic way, the iDempiere-wiki allows users to rate the known plug-ins in the plugin market.
- iDempiere has a simple, configurable (with Application Directory) and powerful reporting format allowing zoom across data and export to a number of formats (PDF, HTML, Excel etc.)
- JasperReports integration
Performance graphs are set from measure calculation via Application Directory. Allowing to graphically see the fulfillment of business indicators or goals.
From the graphs you can access the data that generates them, (when you click on them, the corresponding data windows are opened with the information automatically filtered.
- Access to the system based on roles and users.
- Audit process, It is possible to configure audit trails for the updated fields.
Business Processes included in CORE:
- Process: from quote to sales - Quotes, sale orders, sale Invoices, shipments, sales rep dashboard and sales reporting.
- Process: from requisition to purchase - Requisitions, purchase orders, purchase invoice, material receipt and purchase reporting.
- Supply Chain Management - Inventory, production planning and multiple location.
- CRM - Business Partner Rules, Contact management, campaign management, sales management, sales stage, sales pipeline, marketing campaign and requests.
- Project Management - project phases and task, materials management and expense report.
- Financial Accounting - Management Accounting, Bank account management and reconsciliation, Payments management and financial reporting.
- Asset Management - Tracking, Deliver Assets, Customer Assets and depreciation.
Some types of plugins are:
- Interactive BI Dashboard.
- Specific industry requirements (like Asset Maintenance, Manufacturing).
- Kanban Dashboard.
- Other software integrations (like Asterisk, Openbravo Pos, Google maps).
iDempiere is a project with a high activity, supported by a worldwide community of committed people organized as a decentralized bazaar. There is no single person or company ruling the project or many of the parts, much like the wiki websites, build server, trackers, forums, etc. The community includes end users, implementers and subject matter specialists.
There are active local communities in Japan, China, USA, Germany, Indonesia, Brasil, Malaysia, Colombia, India, Russia, and other countries. Wider reception comes also through speeches held in open source conferences like de:OpenRheinRuhr  and on Universities.
The best way to be connected with the community for user, developers and documenters are the wiki, forums and chats like:
- Multi-language Project Wiki 
- Support Forum GoogleGroup: 2.460 themes
- iDempiere developer GoogleGroup: 3.290 themes
- IRC channel (fixed meeting each Wednesday since 13 January 2012)
- 2013 May 16/17 – Krefeld, Germany. Visited by about 30 core developers from 4 continents.
- 2014 March 7 – Bonn, Germany. (informal German iDempiere Conference).
- 2015 Sep 3/4 – Krefeld, Germany. Visited by about 38 core developers from 5 continents.
Idempiere uses Jira for bug/issue tracking, continuous integration and Real-time collaboration, in this way it integrate the contributions of the community in an agile way, however all source goes through peer review before making it to the core. The protection and respect of all the credits are located in the official repository.
- Compiere, Adempiere, Openbravo (Compiere source code family)
- List of ERP software packages
- "Cambios". ci.idempiere.org Jenkins. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "JPiere: "Japan + iDempiere"". osdn.net. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "iDempiere = OSGi + ADempiere -> License". Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- "ADempiere/OSGi, Integration Revision as of 05:51, 30 July 2008". Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Equinox Integration". Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Sourceforge Adempiere ERP Business Suite Official Release/Adempiere 3.6.0". Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Downloads". Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- "iDempiere release 1.0.a Halloween Edition". Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Category:New Features v1.0". wiki.idempiere.org. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "Category:New Features v2.0". Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Category:New Features v2.1". Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Announcing release 3.1 Maitreyi". Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "Release 4.1". Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- "Release 5.1".
- "iDempiere = OSGi + ADempiere binary files". Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- "Adempiere Contributors". Open Hub. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Branch_GlobalQSS_361". www.adempiere.com. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Compare ADempiere and iDempiere (ADempiere vs. iDempiere)".
- "First look at IDempiere".
- "Online plugins conversion documentation". red1.org. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Platform Upgrade for r3". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Category:New Features v5.1". wiki.idempiere.org. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Bossie Award 2015". www.infoworld.com. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "Bossie Award 2016". www.infoworld.com. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "July 2016, "Community Choice" Project of the Month – iDempiere". www.SourceForge.net. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "February 2018, "Community Choice" Project of the Month – iDempiere". www.SourceForge.net. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- Chernikov, Alexander (5 November 2015). "Лучшие «free» ERP-системы начального, среднего и высшего уровня (The best "free" ERP-systems of primary, secondary and higher levels)". ko.com.ua. «Компьютерного обозрения». Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Yadav, Sonam. "7 Open Source ERP Software For Your Business". PCQuest. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Harvey, Cynthia (22 August 2016). "Open Source Software for Business: 12 Leading Apps". Datamation. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "10 Best open source software in 2017". www.tgdaily.com. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "The Top 8 Free, Open Source ERP Software". capterra.com. Capterra Logistics Technology Blog. 26 July 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- O'Sullivan, Gerald. "iDempiere and OSGi: a modular Java architecture". surfacedetail.blogspot.com. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "Category:AvailablePlugins". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "JasperReports redesign". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Excel Dashboard Integration". red1.org. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- QUY, HIEP LE. "ID-plugin Small BI". bitbucket.org. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "Project Summary". Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "About Project Activity Icons". Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Download statistics sorted by contries". Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "speech 2013". Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- "iDempiere Wiki". Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Resultados de la búsqueda en grupos de idempiere". Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "IDempiere/Full Meeting Minutes". Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "IDempiere World Conference 2013". wiki iDempiere. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "iDempierean Conference this March in Bonn". facebook.com/iDempiere. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "IDempiere World Conference 2015". wiki iDempiere. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Bx Service GmbH. "iDempiere World Conference 2015". youtube.com. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Build the iDempiere Project using Eclipse with buckminster". Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- "iDempiere and Buckminster: building a web-based OSGi application". 27 July 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "NF5.1 Platform Upgrade". Retrieved 3 Aug 2016.
- "System Dashboard". www.atlassian.net. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "iDempiere Overview". bitbucket.org. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- The iDempiere Docbook Project (2015), Redhuan D. Oon.
- ADempiere 3.6 Cookbook ( 2011), O'Reilly.
- ADempiere 3.4 ERP Solutions ( 2009), O'Reilly.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IDempiere.|