|Initial release||October 31, 2012|
v6.2 / Daily release
devel-6.2 / Daily release
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris|
|Platform||OSGi, Jetty, ZK (framework)|
|Available in||16 languages|
|Type||ERP, CRM, SCM|
|License||GNU General Public License, version 2.0|
iDempiere Business Suite, also known as OSGi + ADempiere, is an open source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software that is fully navigable on PCs, tablets and smartphones, it has also customer relationship management (CRM) and supply chain management (SCM) functions. It is in contrast to proprietary or most other open source ERP solutions driven only by a community of supporters.
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Platform
- 4 Key Features
- 5 Business Functionalities
- 6 Community
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 Further reading
- 10 External links
The architecture of the iDempiere system allowing it to easily expand its functions while maintaining a simple and flexible state of the ERP business system, iDempiere can be used freely and it supports:
- Multiple tenants
- Multiple organizations (branches, plants, etc.)
- Multiple languages (29 localizations; mixed access in a single installation is possible)
- Multiple currencies
- Multiple account schemas
2006, starts the development of ADempiere as a fork of the open source version of Compiere.
2010, Adempiere 3.6.0 LTS and Branch GlobalQSS Adempiere361 are launched.
|Version number||Release date||Notes|
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.0.a Halloween Edition||October 31, 2012||
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.0b Devina||April 24, 2013||Beta version|
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.0c Devina LTS||June 27, 2013|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.0||October 31, 2013|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.1||October 31, 2014|
|Old version, no longer supported: 3.1 Maitreyi||October 31, 2015|
|Old version, no longer supported: 4.1||October 31, 2016|
|Older version, yet still supported: 5.1||October 31, 2017|
|Older version, yet still supported: 6.1||November 4, 2018|
|Current stable version: 6.2||January 4, 2019||
2011, due to disagreements in the former ADempiere developer community they decided to use the new name iDempiere for the code path with the new OSGi architecture. So iDempiere can be seen as the next generation of ADempiere or as a fork of the ADempiere Branch GlobalQSS Adempiere361. The majority of the active developer community started to work on iDempiere.
The big difference made on iDempiere 1.0 vs ADempiere was the platform technology upgrade to the OSGi framework that allows iDempiere to have plug-ins, so a lot of specific Code made on Adempiere have been updated as plug-ins in iDempiere., Also Jboss was replaced with Apache Tomcat improving the performance and memory footprint. Further upgrades were a new automatic build system based on Eclipse Buckminster , a major ZK upgrade (from ZK3.6 to ZK6) which allowed redesign of the web GUI.
2017, on version 5.1 the ZK framework is updated to version 220.127.116.11 and Oracle has been successfully tested for Oracle 12C.</ref>
2019, in version 6.2, OpenJDK was updated to 11.
Awards and recognition
Computer Review (Russian web page) - The best "free" ERP-systems of primary, secondary and higher levels, 5 November 2015.
iDempiere consists of a Java server (based on a Jetty container) with a ZK 8.0/8.5 web GUI. It uses the OSGi framework for modularization. It has Oracle 11G/12C and PostgreSQL 9/10 database support. It has also a Swing Desktop Client.
Application dictionary and customization
This is a feature of iDempiere that extends the concept of a data dictionary to an "Active Data Dictionary" that lets it manage entities, validation rules, windows, tables, formats, and other customizations of the application without new JAVA code. So iDempiere can be seen not only as an ERP but also as a platform to build database driven applications.
The second feature of iDempiere are the plug-ins to modify or extend the ERP, CRM and SCM functionality. With the OSGi specification individual bundles of code (plug-ins) connect together in a dynamic way, the iDempiere-wiki allows users to rate the known plug-ins in the plugin market.
iDempiere has a simple, configurable and powerful reporting format (with Application Directory) allowing zoom across data and export to a number of formats (PDF, HTML, Excel etc.), it also has integration with JasperReports for more complex reports.
Performance graphs are set from measure calculation via Application Directory. Allowing to graphically see the fulfillment of business indicators or goals.
From the graphs you can access the data that generates them, (when you click on them, the corresponding data windows are opened with the information automatically filtered.
Attachments and Comments
The system allows you to add attachments, comments in the form of chat and post-it for each of the records, in this way you can add unstructured information important for teamwork and improve the traceability of transactions.
Access to the system is based on roles and users, it is also possible to configure audit trails for the updated fields, in this way an Audit Process can be properly managed.
Business Processes included in CORE:
- Process: from quote to sales - Quotes, sale orders, sale Invoices, shipments, sales rep dashboard and sales reporting.
- Process: from requisition to purchase - Requisitions, purchase orders, purchase invoice, material receipt and purchase reporting.
- Supply Chain Management - Inventory, product planning, warehouse management  and multiple location.
- CRM - Business Partner Rules, Contact management, campaign management, sales management, sales stage, sales pipeline, marketing campaign and requests.
- Project Management - project phases and task, materials management and expense report.
- Financial Accounting - Management Accounting, Bank account management and reconsciliation, Payments management and financial reporting.
- Asset Management - Tracking, Deliver Assets, Customer Assets and depreciation.
Some types of add-ons related to business processes are  interactive BI dashboard,  specific industry requirements (like Asset Maintenance, Manufacturing and Kanban Dashboard), localizations, and other software integrations (like Asterisk, Openbravo Pos, Google maps).
iDempiere is a project with a high activity, supported by a worldwide community of committed people organized as a decentralized bazaar. There is no single person or company ruling the project or many of the parts, much like the wiki websites, build server, trackers, forums, etc. The community includes end users, implementers and subject matter specialists.
There are active local communities in Japan, China, USA, Germany, Indonesia, Brasil, Malaysia, Colombia, India, Russia, and other countries. The community of people working with the software uses different tools to communicate around the world, such as Multi-language Project Wiki, Google forums and IRC channel. Wider reception comes also through speeches held in open source conferences like de:OpenRheinRuhr  and on Universities.
- 2013 May 16/17 – Krefeld, Germany. Visited by about 30 core developers from 4 continents.
- 2014 March 7 – Bonn, Germany. (informal German iDempiere Conference).
- 2015 Sep 3/4 – Krefeld, Germany. Visited by about 38 core developers from 5 continents.
Idempiere uses Jira for bug/issue tracking, continuous integration and Real-time collaboration, in this way it integrate the contributions of the community in an agile way, however all source goes through peer review before making it to the core. The protection and respect of all the credits are located in the official repository.
- Compiere, Adempiere, Openbravo, metasfresh (Compiere source code family)
- List of ERP software packages
- "Cambios". ci.idempiere.org Jenkins. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "JPiere: "Japan + iDempiere"". osdn.net. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "iDempiere = OSGi + ADempiere -> License". Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- Harvey, Cynthia (22 August 2016). "Open Source Software for Business: 12 Leading Apps, slide 8". Datamation. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Jörg Gedanken". Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "ADempiere/OSGi, Integration Revision as of 05:51, 30 July 2008". Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Equinox Integration". Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Sourceforge Adempiere ERP Business Suite Official Release/Adempiere 3.6.0". Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Downloads". Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- "iDempiere release 1.0.a Halloween Edition". Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Category:New Features". wiki.idempiere.org. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "Announcing release 3.1 Maitreyi". Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "Release 4.1". Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- "Release 5.1".
- "Release 6.1".
- "iDempiere = OSGi + ADempiere binary files". Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "Adempiere Contributors". Open Hub. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Branch_GlobalQSS_361". www.adempiere.com. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Compare ADempiere and iDempiere (ADempiere vs. iDempiere)".
- "First look at IDempiere".
- "Online plugins conversion documentation". red1.org. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Build the iDempiere Project using Eclipse with buckminster". Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- "iDempiere and Buckminster: building a web-based OSGi application". 27 July 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "Platform Upgrade for r3". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "move idempiere build to maven tycho". atlassian.net. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "Bossie Award 2015". www.infoworld.com. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "Bossie Award 2016". www.infoworld.com. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "July 2016, "Community Choice" Project of the Month – iDempiere". www.SourceForge.net. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "February 2018, "Community Choice" Project of the Month – iDempiere". www.SourceForge.net. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- Chernikov, Alexander (5 November 2015). "Лучшие «free» ERP-системы начального, среднего и высшего уровня (The best "free" ERP-systems of primary, secondary and higher levels)". ko.com.ua. «Компьютерного обозрения». Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Yadav, Sonam. "7 Open Source ERP Software For Your Business". PCQuest. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "The Top 8 Free, Open Source ERP Software". capterra.com. Capterra Logistics Technology Blog. 26 July 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "10 Best open source software in 2017". www.tgdaily.com. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- O'Sullivan, Gerald. "iDempiere and OSGi: a modular Java architecture". surfacedetail.blogspot.com. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "Category:AvailablePlugins". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "JasperReports redesign". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Category:Web Services". wiki.idempiere.org. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Elizabeth Quirk (7 September 2018). "The Top Open Source ERP Platforms". Solutions Review. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Excel Dashboard Integration". red1.org. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- QUY, HIEP LE. "ID-plugin Small BI". bitbucket.org. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- A GUIDE ON HOW TO INSTALL, IMPLEMENT, INNOVATE Maintenance Prevention (Version 1.0 ed.). 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "de.evenos-consulting.asterisk". bitbucket.org. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Project Summary". Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "About Project Activity Icons". Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Download statistics sorted by contries". Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "iDempiere Wiki". Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Resultados de la búsqueda en grupos de idempiere". Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "IDempiere/Full Meeting Minutes". Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "speech 2013". Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- "IDempiere World Conference 2013". wiki iDempiere. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "iDempierean Conference this March in Bonn". facebook.com/iDempiere. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "IDempiere World Conference 2015". wiki iDempiere. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Bx Service GmbH. "iDempiere World Conference 2015". youtube.com. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "NF5.1 Platform Upgrade". Retrieved 3 Aug 2016.
- "System Dashboard". www.atlassian.net. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "iDempiere Overview". bitbucket.org. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- The iDempiere Docbook Project (2015), Redhuan D. Oon.
- ADempiere 3.6 Cookbook ( 2011), O'Reilly.
- ADempiere 3.4 ERP Solutions ( 2009), O'Reilly.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IDempiere.|