This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Identity, Fraud Prevention, Compliance|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|John Dancu, CEO and President, Jim Mitchell, Board Member and Investor|
|Products||Identity and age verification services|
IDology, Inc. (pronounced I-D-ology) is an identity and age verification provider headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with research and development operations located throughout the United States. IDology, Inc. provides real-time solutions that verify an individual’s identity and age for anyone conducting business in a customer-not-present environment.
Founded in 2003 in Tallahassee, Florida, IDology was incorporated and moved to Atlanta, Georgia two years later in 2005.
Identity verification is implemented in a variety of industries to verify the identities and ages of customers not present. Such products have also been used to meet numerous compliance regulations including Customer Identification Program (CIP) Compliance, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Compliance, Red Flag Regulations and National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) Compliance.
- IDology founded in Tallahassee, Florida.
- John Dancu joins as CEO and secures capital from private investors including Cam Lanier.
- IDology incorporates and moves its headquarters to Atlanta, GA.
- IDology, Inc. rebrands its solution and launches its ExpectID brand.
- IDology recognized by Atlanta Business Chronicle with “Best Places to Work” award.
- IDology as one of the top technology companies in Georgia with “Top 10 Innovation Award” from Technology Association of Georgia.
- IDology covered in Gartner Research Report on identity verification technologies.
- IDology demonstrates the power of claims-based Information Cards with Symantec and Microsoft.
- IDology appointed to serve on the Internet Safety Technical Task Force.
- Information Card Foundation formed, IDology becomes a founding member.
- IDology named as partner within Oracle Anti-Fraud Network.
- IDology demonstrates the use of an Age-claim Information Card to protect children in social networks.
- Cam Lanier officially joins the Board of Directors.
- IDology launches ExpectID GeoTrace.
Information Card Foundation
IDology is a founding member of the Information Card Foundation, an organization formed in order to advance the use of the Information Card metaphor as a key component of an open, interoperable, royalty-free, user-centric identity layer spanning both the enterprise and the Internet. As part of its work for the Internet Safety Technical Task Force, IDology was the first vendor to demonstrate an Information Card making a verified age claim as discussed on Microsoft’s Mike Jones' blog.
- Maurer, Allan. ”Georgia Technology Summit Names Top Ten Companies.” Tech Journal South. Mar. 2007. http://www.techjournalsouth.com/news/article.html?item_id=2721. Retrieved 9/14/09.
- Magid, Larry. “Identifying And Protecting Teens Online.” CBS Tech, May 13, 2008.http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/13/scitech/pcanswer/main4092207.shtml. Retrieved 9/14/09.
- Members of the Information Card Foundation.http://informationcard.net/foundation/members. Retrieved 9/14/09.
- Lerer, Lisa. “Why MySpace Doesn’t Card.” Forbes.com. Jan. 25, 2007.https://www.forbes.com/2007/01/25/myspace-security-identity-tech-security-cx_ll_0124myspaceage.html. Retrieved 9/14/09.
- Sigriest, Lindsay. “Two CUs Cut Cost and Increase Security With Automated Verification Systems.” Credit Union Times, Sept. 2, 2009. http://www.cutimes.com/Issues/2009/September%202%202009/Pages/Two-CUs-Cut-Costs-and-Increase-Security-With-Automated-Verification-Systems.aspx#. Retrieved 9/14/09.