- IEC 60027-1: General
- IEC 60027-2: Telecommunications and electronics
- IEC 60027-3: Logarithmic and related quantities, and their units
- IEC 60027-4: Symbols for quantities to be used for rotating electrical machines
- IEC 60027-6: Control technology
- IEC 60027-7: Physiological quantities and units
A closely related international standard on quantities and units is ISO 31. The ISO 31 and IEC 60027 Standards are being revised by the two standardization organizations in collaboration. The revised harmonized standard is known as ISO/IEC 80000, Quantities and units. It supersedes both ISO 31 and part of IEC 60027.
IEC 60027-2 Amendment 2, as published in January 1999, was the first international standard defining the binary prefixes, as proposed by International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) since 1996 (kibi- (Ki), mebi- (Mi), gibi- (Gi) and tebi- (Ti)) but extended them up to pebi (Pi) and exbi- (Ei). This didn't change in the second edition of the standard, published in 2000, but the third edition in 2005 finally added prefixes zebi- (Zi) and yobi- (Yi). The harmonized ISO/IEC IEC 80000-13:2008 standard supersedes subclauses 3.8 and 3.9 of IEC 60027-2:2005. The only significant change is the addition of explicit definitions for some quantities.
- "1996 IUCr IUPAC Interdivisional Committee on Nomenclature and Symbols (IDCNS) report". Chester.iucr.org. Archived from the original on 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- "These prefixes for binary multiples, which were developed by IEC Technical Committee (TC) 25, Quantities and units, and their letter symbols, with the strong support of the International Committee for Weights and Measures (CIPM) and the IEEE, were adopted by the IEC as Amendment 2 to IEC International Standard IEC 60027-2: Letter symbols to be used in electrical technology – Part 2: Telecommunications and electronics."
- "IUCR 1999 report on IUPAC Interdivisional Committee on Nomenclature and Symbols". Journals.iucr.org. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- IEC 60027-2 (2000-11) Ed. 2.0
- Thor, A. J. (2000). "Prefixes for binary multiples" (PDF). Metrologica. 37 (81): 81. Bibcode:2000Metro..37...81T. doi:10.1088/0026-1394/37/1/12.[permanent dead link]
- "HERE COME ZEBI AND YOBI" (Press release). International Electrotechnical Commission. 2005-08-15. Archived from the original on September 12, 2009.
- "niso, New Specs and Standards". Niso.org. Retrieved 2012-01-26.