This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
IEEE 802.18, the Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group ("RR-TAG"), is a working group of IEEE 802, the LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMCS). The working group currently[when?] has 6 projects on standards for radio-based systems:
- IEEE 802.11 (Wireless Local area network- WLAN)
- IEEE 802.15 (Wireless Personal area network - WPAN)
- IEEE 802.16 (Wireless Metropolitan area network - WMAN)
- IEEE 802.20 (Wireless Mobility)
- IEEE 802.21 (Hand-off/Interoperability Between Networks)
- IEEE 802.22 (Wireless Regional Area Network - WRAN).
The RR-TAG monitors the interests of the above 6 projects, at both national and international levels, and then makes comments and recommends policies to regulators, which balance the interests of all the wireless LMCS projects.
- "IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Groups (RR-TAG)". ieee802.org. Retrieved 2020-07-14.