IEEE Circuits and Systems Society
The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society is a society of the IEEE. It is also known by the acronym IEEE CAS. In the hierarchy of IEEE, the Circuits and Systems Society is one of close to 40 technical societies organized under the IEEE's Technical Activities Board.
From the IEEE CAS web site, the field of interest of the society is defined to be
- "The theory, analysis, design (computer aided design), and practical implementation of circuits, and the application of circuit theoretic techniques to systems and to signal processing. The coverage of this field includes the spectrum of activities from, and including, basic scientific theory to industrial applications."
The first meeting of the IRE Professional Group on Circuit Theory was on March 20 of 1951. After the IRE and the AIEE merged, the IRE Professional Group on Circuit Theory became the IEEE Professional Technical Group on Circuit Theory on March 25 of 1963. In 1966 the group changed its name to the Group on Circuit Theory, and in 1973 became the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.
The Society organizes many conferences every year and operates local chapters around the world. It coordinates the operation of several councils, task forces, and technical committees.
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems I: Regular Papers
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems II: Express Briefs
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Multimedia
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- Circuits and Devices Magazine
- IEEE Design & Test of Computers Magazine
- Circuits and Systems Magazine
The Society organizes, sponsors, and co-sponsors many conferences every year (64 conferences in 2006). A list of them can be retrieved by the link: .
- "IEEE Societies, Councils and Technical Communities". Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Retrieved 2006-09-06.
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Circuits and Systems Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "CAS Society Publications". IEEE Circuit and System Society. Retrieved 2007-04-22.