IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation
The IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC) is one of the largest and most important conferences within Evolutionary computation (EC), the other conferences of similar importance being Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO), Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN) and European Conference on Genetic Programming (EuroGP).
CEC, which is organized by the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society in cooperation with the Evolutionary Programming Society, covers most subtopics of EC, such as Evolutionary robotics, Multiobjective optimization, Evolvable hardware, Theory of evolutionary computation, Evolutionary design etc. Papers can also be found that deal with topics which are related to rather than part of EC, such Ant colony optimization, Swarm intelligence and Quantum computing.
The conference usually attracts several hundreds of attendees, as well as hundreds of papers.
- WCCI 2016, Vancouver, Canada
- CEC 2015, Japan
- WCCI 2014, China
- CEC 2013, Cancún, Mexico
- CEC 2012, Brisbane, Australia (part of WCCI 2012)
- CEC 2011, New Orleans, USA
- CEC 2010, Barcelona, Spain (part of WCCI 2010)
- CEC 2009, Trondheim, Norway
- CEC 2008, Hong Kong (part of WCCI 2008)
- CEC 2007, Singapore
- CEC 2006, Vancouver, Canada (part of WCCI 2006)
- CEC 2005, Edinburgh, UK
- CEC 2004, Portland, OR, US
- CEC 2003, Canberra, Australia
- CEC 2002, Hawaii, US (part of WCCI 2002)
- CEC 2001, Korea
- CEC 2000, San Diego, CA, US
- CEC 1999, Washington DC, US