IEEE Donald G. Fink Prize Paper Award
|IEEE Donald G. Fink Prize Paper Award|
|Awarded for||The most outstanding survey, review, or tutorial paper published in one of the IEEE publications between 1 January and 31 December of the preceding year|
|Presented by||Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers|
|Official website||IEEE Donald G. Fink Prize Paper Award|
In 1979 the IEEE Donald G. Fink Prize Paper Award was established by the Board of Directors of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in honor of Donald G. Fink. He was a past president of the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE), and the first general manager and executive director of the IEEE. Recipients of this award receive a certificate and an honorarium.
This award is given for "the most outstanding survey, review, or tutorial paper published in the IEEE Transactions, Journals, Magazines, or in the Proceedings of the IEEE between 1 January and 31 December of the preceding year". The nominees are named by the IEEE's Prize Papers/Scholarship Awards Committee and Awards Board.
The following people have received the IEEE Donald G. Fink Prize Paper Award:
- 2015: Yaniv Azar, Theodore S. Rappaport, Shu Sun, Rimma Mayzus, Mathew Samimi, Kevin Wang, Jocelyn K. Schulz, Hang Zhao, George N. Wong and Felix Gutierrez, Jr.
- 2014: Narayan B. Mandayam and Dipankar Raychaudhuri
- 2013: Zhifang Wang, Stefano Galli, Anna Scaglione
- 2012: Kannan Krishnan 
- 2011: Mansoor Shafi, Larry J. Greenstein and Andreas F. Molisch
- 2010: John W. Arthur 
- 2009: Daniel J. Costello  and G. David Forney, Jr.
- 2008: Yann Frauel, Thomas J. Naughton, Osamu Matoba, Enrique Tajahuerce and Bahram Javidi
- 2007: Arturas Zukauskas and Michael Shur
- 2006: Suhas N. Diggavi, Naofal Al-Dhahir, A. Stamoulis and A. R. Calderbank
- 2005: Oliver Brand, Henry Baltes, Christoph Hagleitner and Andreas Hierlemann
- 2004: Alan S. Willsky
- 2003: Wen-Ben Jone, Sunil R. Das, Mansour H. Assaf, Emil M. Petriu and C. V. Ramamoorthy
- 2002: Ted Painter and Andreas S. Spanias
- 2001: Xin Yao
- 2000: John Proakis, Ezio Biglieri and Shlomo Shamai
- 1999: Richard P. Wildes
- 1998: Francis T. S. Yu and Don A. Gregory
- 1997: Asad A. Abidi
- 1996: Thomas Kailath and Ali H. Sayed
- 1995: Robert J. Safranek, Nikil Jayant and James D. Johnston
- 1994: Andrew P. Sage
- 1993: Pravas R. Mahapatra and 1993: Dusan S. Zrni
- 1992: Anthony Ephremides and Sergio Verdú
- 1991: Tadao Murata
- 1990: G. David Forney, Jr.
- 1989: Karl Johan Åström
- 1988: Raymond L. Murray
- 1987: Shahid U. H. Qureshi
- 1986: Thomas H. Johnson
- 1985: Arnold Reisman
- 1984: Enders A. Robinson and Robert A. Scholtz
- 1983: Anil K. Jain (1946–1988)
- 1982: John O. Limb and Arun N. Netravali
- 1981: Whitfield Diffie and 1981: Martin E. Hellman
- "IEEE Donald G. Fink Prize Paper Award". IEEE. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "IEEE Donald G. Fink Prize Paper Award Recipients" (PDF). IEEE. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- Alan S. Willsky, Edwin Sibley Webster Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (retired) at M.I.T.
- Alan S. Willsky, Edwin Sibley Webster Retired Professor of Electrical Engineering at M.I.T.
- Biography of Alan S. Willsky.
- Alan S. Willsky was elected in 2010 as a member of National Academy of Engineering in Electronics, Communication & Information Systems Engineering for contributions to model-based signal processing and statistical inference.
|This engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|