IEEE Education Society
The IEEE Education Society (EdSoc) is a society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), focused on the theory and practice of education and educational technology needed to deliver effectively domain knowledge in the fields of interest of IEEE.
The IEEE Education Society was formed on June 14, 1957 as the IRE Professional Group on Education. After several name changes, IEEE Professional Technical Group on Education (1963), IEEE Professional Group on Education (1965), and IEEE Education Group (1968), the Society became the IEEE Education Society on 22 October 1978.
The IEEE Education Society publishes and co-publishes a range of publications within focus of its field of interest:
- IEEE Education Society Transactions on Education
- IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (joint publication with the IEEE Computer Society)
- IEEE-RITA (Latin-American Learning Technologies Journal)
- The Interface (joint publication with the ASEE Electrical and Computer Engineering Division
- The IEEE Technology and Engineering Education (formerly The IEEE Multidisciplinary Engineering Education Magazine)
The IEEE Education Society sponsors and co-sponsors conferences annually, including the Frontiers in Education Conference.
- "IEEE Education Society". IEEE Education Society. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- "IEEE Education Society Constitution and Bylaws" (PDF). IEEE Education Society. September 10, 2009. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Education Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- IEEE Education Society Publications