IEEE Electron Devices Society
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (August 2015)|
The IEEE Electron Devices Society was initially formed as the IRE Electron Tubes and Solid-State Devices Committee in 1951, and quickly became a professional group: in March 1952 it was called the IRE Professional Group on Electron Devices. After IRE's merger with AIEE in 1963, the group became the IEEE Professional Technical Group on Electron Devices, which merged with the Solid State Devices Committee in 1963, and with the New Energy Sources Committee in 1964, becoming the IEEE Electron Devices Group. In 1976 the group changed its name to the IEEE Electron Devices Society.
Field of Interest
In its constitution, IEEE EDS states that its Field of Interest is "all aspects of engineering, physics, theory, experiment and simulation of electron and ion devices involving insulators, metals, organic materials, plasmas, semiconductors, quantum-effect materials, vacuum, and emerging materials. Specific applications of these devices include bioelectronics, biomedical, computation, communications, displays, electro and micro mechanics, imaging, micro actuators, optical, photovoltaics, power, sensors and signal processing.
The Society is concerned with research, development, design and manufacture related to materials, processing, technology, and applications of such devices, and scientific, technical, educational and other activities that contribute to the advancement of this field".
The IEEE Electron Devices Society publishes a broad range of publications, including:
- Electrochemical and Solid State Letters (ECS) (Print)
- IEEE Electron Device Letters (EDL)
- IEEE Embedded Systems Letters (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Photonics Journal (Electronic)
- IEEE Sensors Journal (Print)
- IEEE Solid State Circuits Magazine (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity (T-AP) (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability (CD ROM)
- IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices (T-ED)
- IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (T-NT) (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing (T-SM) (Print)
- International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM)
- Journal of Display Technology (Print & Electronic)
- Journal of the Electron Devices Society (Electronic, open access).
- Journal of Electronic Materials (J-EM) (Print & Electronic)
- Journal of Lightwave Technology (J-LT) (Print)
- Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (J-MEMS) (Print)
- EDS Archival Collection DVD (EDL, T-ED, IEDM, & EDS Newsletter)
- EDS DVD Update Package (DVD)
- Technology Management Package (Print & Electronic)
- Technology Management Package Mixed Media (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Electron Devices Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- IEEE EDS Field of Interest Statement
- IEEE EDS Publications
- IEEE EDS Conferences