IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The IRE Professional Group on Medical Electronics was formed in 1952 to consider "problems in biology and medicine which might be aided in solution by use of electronic engineering principles and devices." After IRE's merge with AIEE in 1963, the Professional Group on Medical Electronics merged with AIEE's Committee on Electrical Techniques in Medicine and Biology to form the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society.
The group also has student chapters.
- IEEE Pulse
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine (ceased publication in 2010)
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Editor-in-Chief: Leslie Ying
- IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems
The Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society is held in various locations in the United States and around the world. The 40th Annual International Conference was held in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, on July 17-21, 2018.
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine". IEEE Explore. Retrieved 1 June 2020.