IEEE Industry Applications Society
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The IEEE Industry Applications Society was formed in 1964 as the Industry and General Applications Group, and changed its name to the IEEE Industry Applications Society on December 3 of 1971.
The Society organizes and co-sponsors several international conferences every year such as:
- Electrical Safety Workshop
- Rural Electric Power Conference
- Industrial & Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference
- Cement Industry Technical Conference (cosponsored with the Portland Cement Association
- Petroleum & Chemical Industry Conference
- Pulp and Paper Industry Conference
- Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting
- IEEE-IAS Electrical Safety, Technical & MegProject Workshop
and many more international and national events. See also IAS Conference Calendar.
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Industry Applications Society History". IEEE History Network. Retrieved 7 July 2011.