IEEE Industry Applications Society
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The IEEE Industry Applications Society was formed in 1964 as the Industry and General Applications Group, and changed its name to the IEEE Industry Applications Society on December 3 of 1971.
The Society organizes and co-sponsors several international conferences every year such as:
- Electrical Safety Workshop
- Rural Electric Power Conference
- Industrial & Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference
- Cement Industry Technical Conference (cosponsored with the Portland Cement Association
- Petroleum & Chemical Industry Conference
- Pulp and Paper Industry Conference
- Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting
- IEEE-IAS Electrical Safety, Technical & MegProject Workshop
and many more international and national events. See also IAS Conference Calendar.
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Industry Applications Society History". IEEE History Network. Retrieved 7 July 2011.