IEEE Jun-ichi Nishizawa Medal
|IEEE Jun-ichi Nishizawa Medal|
|Awarded for||For outstanding contributions to material and device science and technology, including practical application|
|Presented by||Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers|
In 2002, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) added a new award to its already existing program of awards. Each year, one or more nominees are honored with a medal in the name of Jun-ichi Nishizawa, considered to be the father of Japanese microelectronics. Nishizawa was professor, director of two research institutes and the 17th president at Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, and contributed important innovations in the fields of optical communications and semiconductor devices, such as laser and PIN diodes and static induction thyristors for electric power applications.
This medal is awarded by the IEEE on a yearly basis to nominees in the fields of materials science and device technologies.
Sponsor of this award is the Federation of Electric Power Companies, Japan.
- 2015: Dimitri Antoniadis
- 2014: Franz Laermer and Andrea Urban
- 2013: Burn J. Lin
- 2012: Mark T. Bohr, Robert S. Chau, Tahir Ghani
- 2011: Bernard Lechner, Peter Brody, Fang Cheng Luo
- 2010: Richard M. Swanson
- 2009: Chenming Hu
- 2008: Wolfgang Helfrich, Martin Schadt, James Fergason
- 2007: Nicolaas Frans De Rooij
- 2006: Hideo Sunami, Mitsumasa Koyanagi, Kiyoo Itoh
- 2005: Jerry M. Woodall
- 2004: Frederick H. Dill
- https://ece.osu.edu/news/2013/04/ece-alum-burn-lin-receives-ieee-jun-ichi-nishizawa-medal ECE Alum Burn Lin receives IEEE Jun-ichi Nishizawa Medal
- http://www.auo.com/?sn=107&lang=en-US&c=13&n=1199 AUO CIPO Dr. Fang-Chen Luo Honored with 2011 IEEE Jun-ichi Nishizawa Medal
- http://www.pv-tech.org/news/sunpowers_cto_awarded_ieee_jun-ichi_nishizawa_medal SunPower’s CTO awarded IEEE Jun-ichi Nishizawa medal
- http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20040616005274/en/Hitachi-Visionary-Honored-IEEEs-Jun-ichi-Nishizawa-Medal#.VIYPgzHF_zs Hitachi Visionary Honored with IEEE's Jun-ichi Nishizawa Medal