IEEE Medal for Environmental and Safety Technologies
|IEEE Medal for Environmental and Safety Technologies|
|Awarded for||Outstanding accomplishments in the application of technology in the fields of interest of IEEE that improve the environment and/or public safety|
|Presented by||Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers|
|Official website||IEEE Medal for Environmental and Safety Technologies|
The Medal for Environmental and Safety Technologies was established by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Board of Directors in 2008. This award is presented for outstanding accomplishments in the application of technology in the fields of interest to IEEE that improve the environment and/or public safety. The medal is sponsored by Toyota Corporation.
The award may be presented to an individual or a team of up to three people.
Recipients of this award receive a gold medal, a bronze replica, a certificate and an honorarium.
The award was presented for the first time in 2010.
Basis for Judging: In the evaluation process, the following criteria are considered: public benefits of the contribution; degree in improvement in important performance metrics; innovative design, development, or application engineering; favorable influence on the contribution on technical professions.
Nomination deadline: 1 July
Notification: Recipients are typically approved during the November IEEE Board of Directors meeting. Recipients and their nominators will be notified following the meeting. Then the nominators of unsuccessful candidates will be notified of the status of their nomination.
Presentation: At the annual IEEE Honors Ceremony
- 2017: Alberto Broggi
- 2016: Masahiko Miyaki, Yukihiro Shinohara, and Katsuhiko Takeuchi
- 2015: Rodolfo Schoenburg, Marica Paurevic, and Hans Weisbarth
- 2014: No award
- 2013: Tsuneo Takahashi
- 2012: John Bannister Goodenough, Rachid Yazami, Akira Yoshino
- 2011: Shoichi Sasaki
- 2010: John L. (Larry) Chalfan, Viccy Salazar, and Wayne F. Rifer
- IEEE Medal for Environmental and Safety Technologies page at IEEE
- List of recipients of the IEEE Medal for Environmental and Safety Technologies
- "IEEE Medal for Environmental and Safety Technologies Recipients and Citations" (PDF). IEEE. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "2016 IEEE Medals and Recognitions Recipients and Citations" (PDF). IEEE. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|