IEEE Signal Processing Society
The IEEE Signal Processing Society (IEEE SPS) is one of the nearly 40 technical societies of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the first one created. Its mission is to "advance and disseminate state-of-the-art scientific information and resources; educate the signal processing community; and provide a venue for people to interact and exchange ideas."
The Signal Processing society was formed in 1948 as the Professional Group on Audio of the Institute of Radio Engineers.
The Society organizes many conferences every year and operates local chapters around the world. It coordinates the operation of several councils, task forces, and technical committees.
- IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters
- IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
- Inside Signal Processing e-Newsletter
- IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
Co-sponsored journals include:
- IEEE Computing in Science and Engineering Magazine
- IEEE MultiMedia Magazine
- IEEE Sensors Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Multimedia
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
The IEEE Signal Processing electronic Library (SPeL) is a comprehensive electronic collection of more than 50 years of the IEEE Signal Processing Society's periodicals, which includes all four transactions and letters, newsletters, magazines, and technical proceedings of the two major Society conferences and of most workshops. IEEE SPeL also features four joint transactions, which the Society is a partner. The library collection is available on three DVD-ROMs. It has a search engine, which allows searches based on full-text, as well as searches by such fields as author, title, subject and date. The collection provides a comprehensive database, which contains information about the technical articles that are published in the Society's journals.
The Society organizes, sponsors, and co-sponsors numerous conferences and workshops every year. A list of them can be found here.
- International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP)
- International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN)
- "IEEE Societies, Councils and Technical Communities". Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Retrieved 2009-05-01.
- IEEE SPS web site
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Signal Processing Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "SPS Periodicals". IEEE Signal Processing Society. Retrieved 2009-05-01.