|Manufacturer||Sovromtractor at IFIL|
The IFIL-Reghin RG-6 was a light aircraft built in Romania in 1957 for aeroclub use. It was designed by Vladimir Novichi at the request of the national sport flying association AVSAP, which specified the use of the Praga D engine, surplus stocks of which were available in Romania following production of the Zlín Z-22.
Novichi's design was for a conventional, low-wing cantilever monoplane with fixed, tailwheel undercarriage. The pilot and instructor sat in tandem under a long canopy. The structure was to be entirely of wood, so when production of the type was organised through Sovromtractor, it was assigned to the IFIL factory in Reghin, which was already producing wooden gliders. Only three examples of the RG-6 were built.
An RG-6 was used by pilot Vasile Petcu to set a national class airspeed record of 165 km/h (103 mph) over a 100 km closed circuit in 1957.
Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1961–62
- Crew: 2
- Length: 7.40 m (24 ft 3 in)
- Wingspan: 10.50 m (34 ft 5 in)
- Height: 2.62 m (8 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 14.5 m2 (156 sq ft)
- Gross weight: 660 kg (1,455 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 79 L (21 US gal; 17 imp gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Praga D air-cooled flat-four, 56 kW (75 hp)
- Maximum speed: 180 km/h (112 mph; 97 kn) at sea level
- Cruise speed: 143 km/h (89 mph; 77 kn) at 2,500 m (8,200 ft)
- Endurance: 5 hr
- Service ceiling: 3,200 m (10,500 ft)
- Taylor 1989, 577
- Asociatia Voluntara pentru Sprijinirea Apararii Patriei "Voluntary Association for the Support of Defence of the Fatherland"
- Manolache 2004
- Intreprinderea Forestiera de Industrializarea Lemnului - "Forestry Company for the Industrialisation of Wood"
- Balint 2007
- Tudor 2004
- Taylor 1961, pp. 124–125.
- Balint, Nicolae (6 August 2007). "Aripi deasupra Reghinului". Ziarul de Mureş. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- Manolache, Constantin (February 2004). "Miracolul de la Reghin". Orizont Aviatic. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- Taylor, John W. R. (1961). Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1961–62. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Company.
- Taylor, Michael J. H. (1989). Jane's Encyclopedia of Aviation. London: Studio Editions.
- Tudor, Vasile (February 2004). "Din Sirul Profesionistilor Virtuosi si al Demnilor Oameni... Un cutezator constructor aeronautic inginer si aviator Vladimir Novitchi". Orizont Aviatic. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- Уголок неба