This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Darren Roos, |
|Products||Enterprise resource planning, Enterprise asset management, Field service management|
|Revenue||SEK 4.2 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
IFS AB (Industrial and Financial Systems) is a multinational enterprise software company headquartered in Linköping, Sweden, with 3,500 employees. IFS provides component-based extended enterprise software for ERP, EAM and FSM. Its primary product is IFS Applications which it develops, supplies, and implements.
Headquartered in Sweden, it maintains development centers in Sweden, Sri Lanka, Poland and North America while operating as a multinational corporation through subsidiaries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
IFS focuses on four core strategic processes: service & asset management, manufacturing, supply chain and projects. IFS develops, supplies, and implements IFS Applications™, a component-based extended enterprise software suite built on SOA technology and layered architecture. IFS provides software solutions that primarily focus on manufacturing, project-based and asset-intensive industries.
IFS has been first or among the first enterprise software companies to realize innovations including embedded enterprise application search, embedded environmental footprint management  and embedded social media navigational functionality.
- 1983 - IFS is founded.
- 1985 - IFS launches its first software product, IFS Maintenance.
- 1990 - IFS Applications launched as a complete suite.
- 1991 - IFS expands into Norway and Finland.
- 1992 - IFS opens the first office outside Scandinavia in Poland.
- 1993 - IFS first graphical user interface launched. Expansion begins in Denmark and Malaysia.
- 1994 - IFS Applications among first suits launched on a service-oriented architecture.
- 1995 - IFS expands into North America.
- 1996 - IFS listed on the Swedish stock exchange. IFS Applications becomes component-based.
- 1997 - IFS Web Client is launched.
- 1997 - IFS established in Sri Lanka.
- 1999 - IFS is represented on all continents.
- 2001 - Java-based Internet portals and mobile solutions are introduced.
- 2002 - All components are available as web services.
- 2004 - NEC increases its support for IFS by acquiring 7.7% of IFS share capital.
- 2005 - >500 000 users of IFS Applications.
- 2006 - The release of IFS Applications 7. Alastair Sorbie appointed CEO.
- 2007 - IFS delivers solutions for the Intelligent Desktop and project–based solutions
- 2008 - IFS launches a new GUI for increased usability and higher productivity.
- 2009 - Acquisition of MultiPlus Solutions
- 2010 - Acquisition of 360 Scheduling.
- 2011 - Acquisition of LatinIFS
- 2012 - Acquisition of Metrix
- 2013 - The release of IFS Applications 8.
- 2015 - IFS Announce 1 million global users and releases IFS Applications 9 at World Conference, Boston.
- 2015 - IFS is acquired by EQT
- 2016 - Acquisition of Mxi Technologies
- 2017 - Acquisitions of mplsystems, FSM (UK), WorkWave
- 2018 - Darren Roos appointed as CEO
- 2018 - The release of IFS Applications 10
- ABOUT IFS
- Industry Week EAS article
- Canadian Manufacturing Environmental Footprint Article
- Information Week Social Media Article
- 360 Acquisition
- LatinIFS Acquisition
- Metrix Acquisition