|Dr. Ian Gillespie, founder|
Number of employees
iBank 3, was written to run exclusively in Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). iBank 2 was developed specifically for the previous Mac OS, 10.4 (Tiger). iBank 3 leverages various aspects of the Mac OS, including Cover Flow, Quick Look, Core Animation and more. It also integrates with other Apple Inc. products, such as syncing with an iPhone via MobileMe.
iBank 4 was updated to be compatible with Mac OS X 10.7.
Some iBank 4 features included Direct Connect (downloads from online accounts), iPhone sync, MobileMe compatibility, interactive charts, multiple currencies, a budget monitor, check printing, loan and portfolio management, smart accounts, TurboTax exporting, and Quicken importing.
iBank 5 was released November 19, 2013, introducing several new features such as online billpay, Direct Access and Improvements to budgeting. iBank 5 saw the release of six major upgrades to the product through iBank 5.6.4 which included the addition of iBank Cloud Sync.
Banktivity 5 released January 28, 2016. After nearly 13 years IGG retired the iBank name, announcing Banktivity as the successor of the IGG’s personal finance software line.
- Audette, Bob. "Playing with the big boys". Retrieved March 1, 2009.
IGG Software's iBank program, a personal finance manager designed especially for the Mac community, has been winning converts who are impressed with its ease of use, its style and its many features. Some in the industry asked Ian Gillespie, founder and president of IGG Software, how he expected to compete with Quicken, which was developed by Intuit. "Because a lot of people are fed up with Quicken," was his response. "They don't like the way Intuit has been treating its Mac customers. They are very eager to jump ship." IGG was founded in 2003 by Gillespie. [...] Gillespie employs four full-timers and four part-timers. Recently he hired an additional part-timer, but has no plans at this time to hire more employees.
- Cohen, Peter. "iBank finance software improves Quicken migration". Retrieved March 1, 2009. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "iBank" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Lazar, Lonnie (October 15, 2008). "IGG Software iBank". Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- Barylick, Chris. "iBank 2.1 Review". Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- "iBank 3". Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- "A 3-in-1 Banking Software Standoff". Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- MacKenzie, Kate (August 13, 2008). "Mac360 - iBank: How To Make Money Look Good On A Mac.". Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- "WWDC: Apple Design Awards 2007 Winners". The Mac Observer. June 13, 2007. Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- "Banktivity 5 Version History". Retrieved 2016-02-02.
...Initial public release ...'
- "iBank 5 – The Leader in Macintosh Personal Finance". Retrieved 2016-02-02.
...Better Budgeting – The budgeting feature in iBank (something I don’t use much, but may now) has been improved dramatically by automatically incorporating Scheduled Transactions (which I use a lot) into your Budget. Budgets will also now auto-update based on changes and will synchronize to iBank for iPad 2. Budgets were probably the weakest area of iBank previously. ...'
- "Version: 5.6". Retrieved 2016-02-02.
...Implement Cloud Sync (official release - beta is complete) ...'
- "Cloud. Sync. Now.". Retrieved 2016-02-02.
...Our free Cloud Sync solution is now available....'
- "Banktivity is the new iBank". Retrieved 2016-02-02.
...So today we are announcing the end of the iBank name and the beginning of our new name for our apps: Banktivity....'
|This Mac OS and/or OS X software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|