IGLOO Software is a Canadian-based company that develops online communities and social software for business. Headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario. While originally established by The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) in 2004, IGLOO has been a private company since its commercialization in 2008. Since this time, Innovation Exchange identified IGLOO as one of the 20 most innovative companies in Canada and Nemertes Research tagged IGLOO as an emerging social platform.
In November 2004, CIGI established IGLOO (International Governance Leaders and Organizations Online) as a free online research network. The original IGLOO Software platform, supported in part by the Government of Ontario, served as a community portal for strengthening international governance research.
The collaborative effort of a diverse group of technology organizations produced the first IGLOO platform. Contributing organizations included the likes of CIGI, Open Text, the University of Waterloo, and the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation.
In accordance to CIGI’s agreement with the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation, the commercialization of the IGLOO software platform began in 2008. The transition commenced with the establishment of IGLOO Incorporated – a stand-alone company that develops, markets and sells the platform.
Delivered via a software as a service (SaaS) model, the IGLOO platform combines document management and collaboration tools with social software capabilities to help build and support communities both inside and outside an organization.
- Monga, Soniya (2 Dec 2009). "CIX Top 20: Igloo Software". Techvibes. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "5 Tips for Managing Your Company's Brand on the Web". Mashable. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "IGLOO". CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL GOVERNANCE INNOVATION. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Floresca, Eric (Nov 10, 2009). "Who are the 20 Most Innovative Companies in Canada?". TechVibes. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Nemertes Impact Analysis". Archived from the original on July 14, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- "Leading Canadian Think Tank to Power International Research with New Technology Initiative". Archived from the original on April 14, 2008. Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- "Ontario's innovation network". APPrO Magazine. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Collaboration Tools Market Projected to Grow Steadily During 2017-2027". www.lanews.org.
- Ashenden, Angela (3 August 2009). "On the Radar: IGLOO Software". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Igloo Releases Blackberry Application". Archived from the original on May 7, 2010. Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- Social Media Playbook Archived August 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Gopalan, Prashanth. "FREE Social Media Playbook to help you build Online Community Buzz". TechVibes. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/article684094.ece[dead link]