This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In November 2004, CIGI established IGLOO (International Governance Leaders and Organizations Online) as a free online research network. The original IGLOO Software platform, supported in part by the Government of Ontario, served as a community portal for strengthening international governance research.
The collaborative effort of a diverse group of technology organizations produced the first IGLOO platform. Contributing organizations included the likes of CIGI, Open Text, the University of Waterloo, and the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation.
In accordance to CIGI’s agreement with the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation, the commercialization of the IGLOO software platform began in 2008. The transition commenced with the establishment of IGLOO Incorporated – a stand-alone company that develops, markets and sells the platform.
Delivered via a software as a service (SaaS) model, the IGLOO platform combines document management and collaboration tools with social software capabilities to help build and support communities both inside and outside an organization.
- Monga, Soniya (2 Dec 2009). "CIX Top 20: Igloo Software". Techvibes. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "5 Tips for Managing Your Company's Brand on the Web". Mashable. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "IGLOO". CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL GOVERNANCE INNOVATION. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Floresca, Eric (Nov 10, 2009). "Who are the 20 Most Innovative Companies in Canada?". TechVibes. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110714163023/http://www.nemertes.com/impact_analyses/cisco_jive_and_saba_highlight_enterprise_interest_social_software. Archived from the original on July 14, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2010. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100507205658/http://www.mobilewhack.com/igloo-releases-blackberry-application/. Archived from the original on May 7, 2010. Retrieved September 16, 2010. Missing or empty
- Social Media Playbook Archived August 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Gopalan, Prashanth. "FREE Social Media Playbook to help you build Online Community Buzz". TechVibes. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080414220334/http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/mmnr/cigi/. Archived from the original on April 14, 2008. Retrieved September 16, 2010. Missing or empty
- "Ontario's innovation network". APPrO Magazine. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Ashenden, Angela (3 August 2009). "On the Radar: IGLOO Software". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/article684094.ece[dead link]