||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Capgemini. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2016.|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||IT services, BPO|
|Headquarters||Bridgewater, New Jersey, U.S.|
|North America, Europe, Japan & Australia|
|Srinivas Kandula (Chief Executive Officer)|
|Services||IT and Outsourcing services|
|Revenue||US$ 1.27 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
|31,453 (March, 2015)|
IGATE is an IT services company, headquartered in Bridgewater, New Jersey, United States. The firm operates in North America, Asia, Europe, Japan and Australia, providing technology consultancy and services. Its revenues in 2014 were over US$1.2 billion, and it has a workforce of over 31,000. The firm has over 70 offices and customer delivery centers in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. On April 27, 2015 French IT services group Capgemini unveiled a deal to acquire IGATE in a $4bn deal.
In 2011, IGATE, acquired Patni Computer Systems–a company three times its size at the time. With a value of around a billion US dollars, this acquisition was the largest cross-border leveraged transaction in the IT sector. The acquisition was accomplished over 12 months, including the delisting of Patni from the Indian bourses and consolidating the shareholder value in the U.S. Initially. iGATE firm changed its name to iGATE Patni. It was changed to IGATE again on 7 May 2012. Its shares are listed on the NYSE as "IGATE". On 27 April 2015, Capgemini announced it would be acquiring IGATE, the transition would be completed over a phase of 6 months. IGATE CEO Ashok Vemuri announced his departure on 6 October 2015.
IGATE's key services include Application Development and Application Maintenance, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Business Process Outsourcing, Cloud Services, Enterprise Mobility, Infrastructure Management Services, P&ES Embedded systems, Product Verification and Validation, and Verification & Validation.
Its customer delivery centers are located in Pensacola, Florida; El Paso, Texas; Sterling, Virginia, United States; Guadalajara, Mexico; Mississauga, Ontario, Canada; Stockholm, Sweden; London, UK; Ballarat, Australia; Suzhou, China; and Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Noida and Gandhinagar in India. Its training and development facility, IGATE Corporate University, is in Pune.
Situated on 50 acres (200,000 m2) of land in the Navi Mumbai area, this campus includes facilities for software development, training, customer care, and employee recreation. The IGATE (Patni) Knowledge Park accommodates 17,000 professionals. The IGATE Knowledge Centre, set up with an investment of 1.75 billion rupees, complements the organization's green initiatives around efficient utilization and conservation of energy, water and natural resources. Developed on Green Architecture, the centre is spread over 5 acres (20,000 m2) and has a seating capacity of over 3500.
- Ranked 51st in Fortune's100 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2014.
- VCCircle Award 2014  under the category - Best PE/VC backed IT Company of the Year 2013.
- "iGATE Corporation - Annual Report". igate.com.
- "IGATE appoints Ashok Vemuri as president and CEO". The Economic Times.
- "About Capgemini - Capgemini Worldwide". Capgemini Capgemini Worldwide.
- "Capgemini to buy IGATE in $4bn deal". FT. 27 April 2015.
- "IGATE completes Patni acquisition". Business Standard. 13 May 2011.
- "Patni software park to seat 17,000". Rediff.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Greener Living. "GREEN SEZ IN NOIDA | Greener Living". Greenerlivingonline.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Patni Inaugurates Green IT-BPO Centre in Noida : Global Growth Investors". General Atlantic. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "IGATE". Fortune.
- "Winners 2014". vccircle.com. Retrieved 2015-04-28.