Indian Institute of Management Udaipur
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Public business school|
|Campus||Urban, 300 acres (1.2 km2) proposed|
|Affiliations||Indian Institutes of Management|
The Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, also known as IIMU, is a graduate business school in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. Established as an autonomous body in 2011, the institute offers a two-year full-time MBA program, one-year postgraduate executive program (PGPX), doctoral programs and other management development programs. It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Management set up by the central government during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan.
The institute is set in the picturesque backdrop of Udaipur, one of the busiest tourist attractions in India.
IIM Udaipur was inaugurated on 30 July 2011 by C. P. Joshi, Minister of Road Transport and Highways. The institute was one of the seven IIMs established by the Indian government. The institute offered its postgraduate program (PGP) to 57 students in its first year, and its postgraduate executive program (PGPX) at a temporary campus located at the Polymer Science Building of the Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU), Udaipur.
Mr. Pankaj Patel, the Chairman and Managing Director of Zydus Cadila, was appointed the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the institute in January 2016. Mr. Patel took over from Mr. C. K . Birla, Chairman of Hindustan Motors. Prof. Janat Shah, an IIT Bombay and IIM Ahmedabad alumnus, who was working with IIM Bangalore at that time as a full-time faculty was appointed as the institute’s Director at its inception.
IIM Udaipur became operational from 2011 in a temporary campus located at Polymer Science Building, Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU), Udaipur, Rajasthan. Construction has started at the 300 acre land in the Balicha area of Udaipur, Rajasthan, which have been allocated by the Government of Rajasthan for the institute's new Campus. Honourable Union Minister for HRD, Smriti Irani has inaugurated the campus. The construction of the new campus would be completed in two phases. The institute has started functioning from the new campus post completion of first phase in April 2016.
Since 2018, IIM Udaipur offers MBA degrees, the second IIM in the country to do so, following IIM Bangalore. The courses offered are, the regular two-year full-time residential program (PGP) and the one-year full-time residential executive program (PGPX). The institute also offers a doctoral level fellowship program (FPM), which usually have a duration of 4.5 to 5 years. IIM Udaipur's courses are accredited by AACSB.
|Business/Management – India|
Board of Governors
Janat Shah, a fellow from IIM Ahmedabad and the former mentor of IIM Bangalore, is the Director at IIM Udaipur. CK Birla, the Chairman of CK Birla Group, was the first Chairman of the board of governors for the institute. He was succeeded by Mr. Pankaj Patel, the Chairman Managing Director of Zydus Cadila. Personalities like Raghunath Salgame, President, CISCO Systems India Pvt. Ltd, Rajendra S. Pawar, Chairman NIIT Limited, Smt. Jyotsna Suri, Chairman and Managing Director, Bharat Hotels Ltd, Burzin Wadia, Executive Vice President, Godrej Appliances Ltd. constitute the board of governors of the institute.
There are many student-run clubs and societies at IIM Udaipur. The student bodies are managed by the students themselves and are governed by the Student Affairs Council.
The clubs are divided into professional clubs and social clubs. Professional clubs include the consulting club Consult-U, the HR club dHRuva, the finance club Finomina, the marketing club MarClan, the economics club PiE, the Entrepreneurship club Saksham, the SCM and operations club Skein and the technalytics club. Social clubs include Code Red, the photography club IRIS, the literary club Potpourri, the social responsibility club Prayatna, the Toastmasters chapter Silvertongues, the dance club FootworX, the music society Octaves and the art community CreArT.
The institution has links with seven institutes across the world including EDHEC Business School -France, Ecole de Management Normandie -France, FAU Erlangen-Nurnberg -Germany, HHL Leipzig -Germany, EBS Oestrich-Winkel-Germany, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Purdue University-USA. Students who goes to HHL Leipzig -Germany, EBS Oestrich-Winkel-Germany and WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management can apply for DAAD for the scholarship. Students of the MBA program can go an exchange program during the 5th term of the course. The students of the PGPX program go to Purdue University, USA for their international immersion stint.
- "IIM-Udaipur's first session begins - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- Administrator. "Programs | Home". iimu.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "Proposed IIMs". The Times Of India. 29 March 2008.
- "Technical Education | Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development". mhrd.gov.in. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- Planning Commission of India (2008). "Eleventh Five Year Plan Vol. 2 Social Sector" (PDF). Oxford University Press. Retrieved 8 Feb 2016.
- siliconindia. "Top 10 Most Visited Places In India". siliconindia. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "Zydus Cadila CMD Pankaj Patel named IIM-Udaipur chairman". Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "About IIMU | IIM Udaipur". iimu.ac.in. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Smriti Irani inaugurates IIM Udaipur | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "New IIMs such as the one in Udaipur do not carry baggage from the past". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "177 IIM-Udaipur graduates to be conferred degrees instead of diplomas". @businessline. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Outlook Bschool Ranking 2018". outlookindia.com. 2018-09-26.
- "Amdavadi at the helm of newly formed IIM-Udaipur". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-06-17.
- Admin, IIMU. "Board of Governors | About | Home". iimu.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "Clubs & Committees | Campus | Home". iimu.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "Professional Clubs". IIMU. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Social Clubs". IIMU. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Admin, IIMU. "International | Home". iimu.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-02-08.