Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Where Tomorrow’s Science Begins Today|
|Chairman||T. V. Ramakrishnan|
|Director||Jayant B. Udgaonkar|
|Int. PhD 200|
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER Pune), established 2006, is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research of India. It is located in Pune, Maharashtra.
IISER Pune offers integrated masters programmes (BS-MS), an integrated doctoral programme (Int. PhD) and a doctoral programme (PhD).
Admission to the masters degree is through the IISER joint admission process which provides three channels for admission: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced and state and central boards candidates, which require an additional IISER Aptitude Test. Admission to the various Ph.D. programmes is either with a masters degree in science or with a bachelors degree, for the integrated Ph.D. programme. Candidates are screened by interviews. In addition to that candidates should have qualified a national level entrance exam for PhD program in science (like GATE)
The faculty are organised by various disciplines, such as Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics. Interdisciplinary research is encouraged across disciplines. The first batch of students graduated in 2012.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2019)||23|
IISER-Pune houses the following advanced research centres/ centres of excellence:
- Centre for Integrative Studies (CIS)
- DBT Centre of Excellence in Epigenetics
- DST Unit on Nanoscience
- Max-Planck Partner Group in Quantum Field Theory
- Max-Planck Partner Group in Glyco-nanotechnology
The majority of the student activities at IISER-P are conducted by various clubs.
Mimamsa is an intercollegiate science challenge conducted by the students of IISER-P. The aim of the organizers is to make it the most conceptually challenging competition at the national level for science students. It is a two-stage affair. The first stage is a written exam with 60 subjective questions from all disciplines of science. The top four colleges selected through this round move into the finals.
In the first week of November every year, IISER Pune organises it's college fest, Karavaan
- "Director". www.iiserpune.ac.in. IISER Pune. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Faculty". Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "MS Students". Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Ph.D. Students". Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Location". Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Eligibility". iiseradmission.in. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Admissions". www.iiserpune.ac.in. IISER Pune. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Nair, Ardhra. "Where Physics mixes with Film". Pune: The Times of India. p. 4.
- "88 IISER students presented degreesFirst batch of IISER, Pune get degrees". The Times of India. 5 August 2012.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.
- "Campus Info". Campus. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "How to reach IISER, Pune". Directions. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Institute intranet guide to student organisations". Student organisations. Retrieved 15 February 2012.