7.2 / December 10, 2012
IKVM.NET 8.0 Release Candidate 1 / January 15, 2015
|Written in||Java and C#|
|Type||Java Virtual Machine, Java bytecode compiler and Java Library|
IKVM.NET includes the following components:
- A Java Virtual Machine implemented in .NET
- A .NET implementation of the Java class libraries
- A tool that translates Java bytecode (JAR files) to .NET IL (DLLs or EXE files).
- Tools that enable Java and .NET interoperability
This is in contrast to J#. J# is a Java syntax on the .NET framework, whereas IKVM.NET is effectively a Java framework running on top of .NET's framework.
Jeroen Frijters is the main contributor to IKVM.NET. He is Technical Director of Sumatra Software, based in the Netherlands.
As of 21 April 2017[update], the project lead has announced "The End of IKVM.NET". He has decided to quit working on IKVM.NET and hopes someone will fork it and continue working on it (under a different project name).
- "IKVM.NET 7.2 Released". Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "Sumatra Software b.v." Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "osdir mailing list archive for java.ikvm.devel". Archived from the original on 2012-12-27. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "IKVM.NET Home Page". Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- "IKVM.NET developers' blog". Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- "IKVM.NET Users' Guide". Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- "The End of IKVM.NET". Retrieved 2017-07-22.
|This programming-language-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|